honest brands assessment

CRwrestling

he should win coach of the year. no other coach in the country could have dealt with the byers distraction, injuries, shuffling lineup, young line-up, etc and still get the team to peak at right time. we knew that if psu wrestled well it was there's to lose and we came in fought toe to toe. I'm sure brands isn't pleased with anything but a title, but as a hawk fan I love the way he had them ready.

I have to add that I am very proud of most people on these boards and the team, I dont remember one instance of someone using the excuse "its a young team" cause it really is. And everyone comes back with the exception if marion and we will hopefully fill the three lineup holes with more youth and continue the cyle of replacing seniors with four year starters

I won't go as far and say he should win coach of the year, but I'm just glad this "honest assessment" didn't turn into some idiot complaining about Brands. This has to frustrate the hell out of him. He'll keep it up, but he has too many that don't fit his mentality. 141 (but came out all right in the end), 149, 174, 184, and 197, half the damn lineup.

I really think Skon is going to come in and wrestle from the start and he fits the Iowa mold. Throw in Burak at 197, this team is going to be dangerous, but they need to start putting up bonus points to keep up.

I think Sam Brooks will get the nod at 197 over Burak. Just my opinion. Also think we need to get Dziewa in the lineup. He's an attacker.

Dziewa has the firepower for sure, but that MD he gave up to Ballweg at the end of the year, worries me a little. I guess I just assumed Burak would be more ready after spending the year at the OTC. I honestly have no idea, but the way the Dardanes boys wrestled this year, it seems like Brooks comes from a good program.