Home opener: UMKC @ a glance

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Too bad we won't have any semi-serious competition before we play in this tournament... The experience would have been quite beneficial!

Just one of two easy games before we have to play before things get a bit tough:

Starting a week from Thursday in NYC.....
Oregon, Then
Syracuse or UConn

A break against Alabama State

Pittsburgh
Wisconsin
@Michigan State
Iowa State

We should have an idea what to expect the rest of the season after this run.....

:cool:

Too bad we won't have any semi-serious competition before we play in this tournament... The experience would have been quite beneficial!

They have plenty to improve on and integrate. This game should be treated like any other in the season where you are trying to correct mistakes from your last. There should be a concerted effort to play as tough of defense as they can, like try to hold them under 40 points without a single easy bucket. Then focus. Cut down on turnovers. More than 5 should be considered a failure. Don't worry about the offense for once. I'm sure there will be plenty of dunks and 3's to go around regardless.

But I understand that's not likely to happen, especially if Bohannon is out another game. Then it will be exhibition part 2.

Iowa opened around 21 point favorites and it's been bet up to 23.5 in some places. Still seems low to me

We probably win by less than 10 considering how horrid our defense is. I expect a nail biter going into halftime.

Iowa opened around 21 point favorites and it's been bet up to 23.5 in some places. Still seems low to me

tenor.gif

PS - i did say "seems low to me" and not "I'm betting the farm on Iowa". I don't think I've bet on Iowa basketball since I was in Vegas and had like $500 on them crushing Davidson in the NCAA tournament. Ever since then they've been completely unpredictable to me

Latest posts