Home opener: UMKC @ a glance

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

University of Missouri Kansas City is in the very weak WAC [Western Athletic League], a league of 9 teams.They are coming off a dismal 10-22 record, [5-9 in conf. play] and lost 2 of their 3 best players to graduation. They are predicted to finish 7th this year. They do have a premier palyer in Jr. point guard Xavier Bishop [#0, 5'8, 150 lbs.'] He is and small quick and will present problems our perimeter and any defense this year, being picked as All WAC 1st team, preseason.
UMKC appears to be a guard oriented team, but does have some height, having 6 players over 6'7".
They play their first game on the road at Loyola-Chicago 2 days before coming to CHA, so they may have somewhat tired legs.
This is a cupcake game.

So they have a better guard than us? Go fucking figure
Wish I could watch and see how well we defend their guard, but I refused to buy BTN+ i did last year and the games were unwatchable - lots of buffering that's with 100mg bandwidth.

Just one of two easy games before we have to play before things get a bit tough:

Starting a week from Thursday in NYC.....
Oregon, Then
Syracuse or UConn

A break against Alabama State

Pittsburgh
Wisconsin
@Michigan State
Iowa State

We should have an idea what to expect the rest of the season after this run.....

:cool:

Chuckled at Frans post game comments after beating up a high school team. He sounds like a broken record. Sounds the same whether it’s a bottom of the barrel team or an elite basketball team. So and so can score.......... blah blah blah.

Yeah I know, I know , too much KIRKaditis syndrome. Seriously though, just forget who we just beat and pick any team of choice and pretend we just played that team and go back and listen to Fran. Try not to laugh when you realize what I am saying. Geez I hope we have a great year as this has been a crappy two plus years in Hawkeye sports.

Better get that checked out.

giphy.gif

When I entered boot camp many moons ago, I didn't crap for about 5 days. When I did, I had to flush 2 times so the poop didn't touch my butt. True story.

When I entered boot camp many moons ago, I didn't crap for about 5 days. When I did, I had to flush 2 times so the poop didn't touch my butt. True story.

My junior year of high school football a senior took a poop so big it wouldnt flush. The janitor had to come in and put on gloves and break it up with his hands.

That was the day I realized why I had to go to college.

My junior year of high school football a senior took a poop so big it wouldnt flush. The janitor had to come in and put on gloves and break it up with his hands.

That was the day I realized why I had to go to college.

I got a buddy who keeps a butter knife somewhere close to the toilet. He on occasion has to break them up. I'm sure he still does.