Holiday Bowl attendance

For the Clone bowl the upper decks were barren. Was like tv was trying hard to avoid showing that. Holiday Bowl looked pretty full.

There were people in the upper deck, but plenty of seats. Hawkeye attendance was good. Seemed like the vast majority of USC fans arrived on Thursday Night/Friday Morning and were out of there by Saturday morning. A good number of Iowa fans including myself stayed through the weekend.

I would’ve liked to seen the Holiday Bowl played on the 30th though. The 27th seemed a tad early for a game with the type of teams it featured.

First time in the history of the bowl the upper deck was opened.
Going to a bowl game for ISU is still a huge deal. If, and that is a big if, they ever get to the point where they go to New Years six bowls or other top tier bowls, the crap bowls (like the Camping World) will lose their luster. I have to be honest, after going to Orange Bowls and Rose Bowls, I do not really get that excited about going to any other lesser bowls. I still enjoy watching the Hawks on TV though. Sounds a bit arrogant but still the way I feel.

Going to a bowl game for ISU is still a huge deal. If, and that is a big if, they ever get to the point where they go to New Years six bowls or other top tier bowls, the crap bowls (like the Camping World) will lose their luster. I have to be honest, after going to Orange Bowls and Rose Bowls, I do not really get that excited about going to any other lesser bowls. I still enjoy watching the Hawks on TV though. Sounds a bit arrogant but still the way I feel.

Agreed. If it isn’t New Years 6 or playoff, I’m out. Might’ve thought about Citrus this year though

Paid attendance was announced at 50,123. For those that went to the game, how was the Hawkeye attendance?

On the replay of ISM's kickoff return the overhead camera is looking from the field over the hawkeye team on the sideline and the lower deck is full of hawk fans going crazy. I would bet 20-30K hawk fans were there , at least 20K.

Fifty thousand in a 70K stadium iirc is good in this day and age when some bowls have 5K

Yes, look at the bowls the Cyclones have gone to, not a surprise they look at the camping bowl as a step up. IE; Shreveport, Boise etc

Latest posts