Hold the phone..IF Ohio State holds on to beat Indiana...

I am hoping that Iowa somehow faces Indiana again in the tourney.

After a game that Iowa should have won in IC, and a dismal performance In Bloomington (sans Gesell) that still led to a relatively close outcome, I like our chances of beating them on a neutral court.

and they beat Illinois at home on Saturday, they get the two seed I believe. I would very much like to see Iowa play them as opposed to MSU.

Care to explain your thought process here? Ohio State is probably the best perimeter defensive team in the entire country with Craft, Scott, Smith Jr and Thompson, do you actually think thats a good thing for this Iowa team? Then you have the mismatch with White trying to guard the leading scorer in the conference in Deshaun Thomas. Considering OSU barely lost at MSU and at Michigan they are two plays away from outright conference champs. Also don't forget Iowa only came back at Columbus after Thomas got hurt and missed a huge portion of the second half. Your analysis is WAY off base here.

I agree with Jon, OSU has one scorer in Thomas. MSU is big and strong inside with Nix/Payne/Dawson coupled with Appling/Harris/Trice/Valentine. OSU has Thomas and Craft (on defense), with a mixture of Smith and Thompson/Ross. I prefer OSU all day.

Care to explain your thought process here? Ohio State is probably the best perimeter defensive team in the entire country with Craft, Scott, Smith Jr and Thompson, do you actually think thats a good thing for this Iowa team? Then you have the mismatch with White trying to guard the leading scorer in the conference in Deshaun Thomas. Considering OSU barely lost at MSU and at Michigan they are two plays away from outright conference champs. Also don't forget Iowa only came back at Columbus after Thomas got hurt and missed a huge portion of the second half. Your analysis is WAY off base here.

It's my opinion. I think a team that has one prime time player on it in Thomas is easier to defend and prepare for than a team with more than one. Cut off the head and the snake is dead. Easier said than done, I realize. But I'd rather see Iowa play OSU than MSU. Of course, I'd chose Wisconsin over any of them but I feel Iowa is gonna be the 7 seed playing the 2.

It's my opinion. I think a team that has one prime time player on it in Thomas is easier to defend and prepare for than a team with more than one. Cut off the head and the snake is dead. Easier said than done, I realize. But I'd rather see Iowa play OSU than MSU. Of course, I'd chose Wisconsin over any of them but I feel Iowa is gonna be the 7 seed playing the 2.

Fair enough but I think you are making the mistake many fans do and are looking only at one end of the floor. The 1 prime time player comment is a perfect example of this. They have elite player after elite player that are as good as anyone in the country on D, but because it's on D they are overlooked and considered inferior to offensive players like for example Hardaway Jr and Robinson III, when in actuality they are just as good or better considering elite Defense just doesn't get into slumps and have major off nights like many soft offensive stars do. They have the best perimeter D in the country with Craft and Scott and create major problems for teams without a surplus of strong ball handling, which might remind some of a certain squad in Black and Gold.

Latest posts