Hoiberg-MSU

when Izzo goes, so does the mystic of the MSU job. Let's be real, Izzo bullies his way to some wins (think refs). MSU has had two hoops coaches since 1976 (Heathcote/Izzo). In 43 seasons, they've won 2 NCAA's. Hey, I'd take that for sure. It's been almost 20 years since MSU won their 2nd NCAA.

East Lansing isn't really a destination spot, outside of Michigan kids, for the most part. You take away a name brand like Izzo and..... In my opinion, Beilein is the best coach in the B1G. If Izzo goes, think of how many Michigan kids go to UM instead of MSU.
Beilein better than Painter?

Remember mine. Not happening.

Dude! Travis Walton was living in Izzo's basement while he was out assaulting a girl and allegedly gang raping another. Izzo told the OTL reporter he didn't remember why Walton left the team, when the guy was living in the basement? Izzo is toast.

Dude! Travis Walton was living in Izzo's basement while he was out assaulting a girl and allegedly gang raping another. Izzo told the OTL reporter he didn't remember why Walton left the team, when the guy was living in the basement? Izzo is toast.
I know.

If Beilein really is the best coach in the conference, with the down years he's had, it really shows how hard it is to not have down years.

That's a good point and it also shows that Izzo gets the pick of the litter from the state of Michigan. If Izzo leaves, I think that shifts. The state of Michigan is not a destination place for out of state hoopsters.

Beilein better than Painter?

I think Painter is a damn good coach. But Beilein does more with less and (somewhat) quietly, Painter has become "the" show in town in the state of Indiana. But I can see your argument about Painter. He's up there, but his teams seem to fold in the post season while Beileins over achieve until they just can't match talent-wise.

Latest posts