HN TV: Kirk Ferentz Pre-Spring Practice Press Conference

Wow. Out of all the things Rob Howe could have asked regarding Iowa football. It’s one thing to simply ask if the Jacksonville coaching staff reached out to Kirk regarding Chris Doyle but it’s another thing to ask Kirk to indulge in what questions were asked and even more of a jackass move to ask Kirk to say what his answers were. At least Kirk has the dignity to answer a jackass question in a classy way by not saying but basically saying it’s none of your f-ing business.

It was the first availability we’ve had with KF since the Doyle/Jaguars story grabbed national sports headlines last month.

It certainly is fair to ask if he advocated for a guy who was removed from his program after 20+ years and then was made to resign from an NFL job last month because two separate investigations/studies found racial bias in the Iowa football program and created a public backlash.

I was doing my job.

It was the first availability we’ve had with KF since the Doyle/Jaguars story grabbed national sports headlines last month.

It certainly is fair to ask if he advocated for a guy who was removed from his program after 20+ years and then was made to resign from an NFL job last month because two separate investigations/studies found racial bias in the Iowa football program and created a public backlash.

I was doing my job.
You obviously have never been on the end of a reference check by a company. I have many times. Those calls are fact based. i.e. Are the dates of employment correct? As a receiver of reference check calls you are trained to answer the questions asked if fact based. Personal opinions about a previous employee are left out. Today you do not even keep anything that says "not eligible for rehire" .

Your opinion that you were "doing your job" doesn't fly. The premise of your reason for asking is based on "your" suspicion that KF "would" advocate Chris Doyel and being the SJW you are we can't have that.

What if KF decided to answer your question. And what if he advocated for Chris. What exactly do you or anyone gain w/ this revelation? And if KF says he would never recommend hiring Chris for a similar position in the nfl. What exactly would you or anyone gain w/ that information?

Seriously?

Folks like you two guys in this thread are a big reason why I spend very little time on these boards anymore and are examples of why racism being an issue in Iowa football can happen. I'd love to engage in Hawkeye sports talk and share inside info I have, but your willful ignorance has driven me away.

I'm done with this conversation. If you want to speak in person and have an intelligent conversation, I'm open to that. Reach out. I'm happy to engage in meaningful dialogue. I'm not talking about it with anonymous people here or on social media. It's a waste of time and accomplishes little.

Until then, I'm going to split my time between being a social justice warrior and consuming content on The Blaze. I need balance in my life.

You obviously have never been on the end of a reference check by a company. I have many times. Those calls are fact based. i.e. Are the dates of employment correct? As a receiver of reference check calls you are trained to answer the questions asked if fact based. Personal opinions about a previous employee are left out. Today you do not even keep anything that says "not eligible for rehire" .

Your opinion that you were "doing your job" doesn't fly. The premise of your reason for asking is based on "your" suspicion that KF "would" advocate Chris Doyel and being the SJW you are we can't have that.
What if KF decided to answer your question. And what if he advocated for Chris. What exactly do you or anyone gain w/ this revelation? And if KF says he would never recommend hiring Chris for a similar position in the nfl. What exactly would you or anyone gain w/ that information?
The rule was made several months ago that this stuff does not get debated on the sports boards for this very reason. Period.

And before you say Rob started it with his questions in the presser, that's not gonna fly. He posted the entire interview, and made no comments on the boards regarding the situation. You guys chose to pick that part out and start shit on HN. You can do one of three things..

1) Talk about the presser and how it relates to Hawkeye football,

2) Go take your grievances to the OT forum per the rules,

3) Leave.

Which one you choose I don't care even a little bit, but it's not going here. Be mad about it if you want. And the rest of you chomping at the bit to pile on...don't. It's just going to get deleted and you'll get bounced.

Latest posts