HN SDSU Postgame Content Links

“The trick is, we will get it down,” he (Petras) said. “We have our first game, we got our first win, now let’s get back to who we are.”

Unfortunately, I fear that you might be historically bad offense, which is really disappointing coming out of last year with the defense and special teams you have. I really hope I'm wrong, which would require the OL improving and someone stepping up under center, but I am far from optimistic.

“The trick is, we will get it down,” he (Petras) said. “We have our first game, we got our first win, now let’s get back to who we are.”

Unfortunately, I fear that you might be historically bad offense, which is really disappointing coming out of last year with the defense and special teams you have. I really hope I'm wrong, which would require the OL improving and someone stepping up under center, but I am far from optimistic.
Not just Iowa historically. This may be epic.

Nothing personal but Petras can’t hit open throws. I can’t even tell you if he’s good at anything else because he’s not even good at the most basic aspect of the position.

With Kirk unwilling to replace Petras I think one thing is clear. The guys behind Petras must be horrible or as Kirk often says not ready. That is clearly on this coaching staff. If you have recruited guys who can't throw better or move better than Petras that says volumes about what Iowa under Brian Ferentz can draw to the table. The sad thing is this defense will keep you in most games but if the offense can't get any better they will wear down from having to be on the field constantly.

After the spring practice game, I listened to a pod cast that questioned why Iowa didn't go after a quarterback in the portal.
Now we see there point

After the spring practice game, I listened to a pod cast that questioned why Iowa didn't go after a quarterback in the portal.
Now we see there point
Who says we didn’t go after a QB?
More likely no QB was interested?

Exactly this. It's been 3 years of the same shit with 0 improvement. Brian can't run an offense, petras can't throw.
My thoughts exactly. To summarize: "Petras is a horrible QB, but the fact is we have the world's worst offensive coordinator." And also: "We have the world's worst offensive coordinator, but the fact is we have a horrible QB."

So my question is, "Who should've gotten the majority of boos Saturday afternoon?" Petras? Brian? Kirk?

My thoughts exactly. To summarize: "Petras is a horrible QB, but the fact is we have the world's worst offensive coordinator." And also: "We have the world's worst offensive coordinator, but the fact is we have a horrible QB."

So my question is, "Who should've gotten the majority of boos Saturday afternoon?" Petras? Brian? Kirk?

Honestly no player deserves to be boo’d, especially a college kid. All the boos should go to the coaches for putting him in that situation.

I damn near got into a fight in the stands with a guy as old as me dropping F bombs at Petras. I yelled back that’s someones kid he’s yelling at. We had some words which ended up with me sarcastically admitting that I was wrong and booing at a college player is what would make the situation better.

Latest posts