HN iPhone App Update

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Apple has rejected our application for our completed iPhone app a few times now..we have to prove to them we have the rights to use...well, not sure yet what we have to prove to them...could be our logo they wonder about or something else...but we are working through this process and will get it solved.

I just got the app via a provisional/developer route, today. I am blown away by this thing and I, as well as the developers, cannot wait for this thing to get into the hands of iPhone owners. The feedback we have had from Droid owners who have downloaded and used the app has been excellent, and more than 90% of them have retained the app once they downloaded it, which is a very high percentage.

If you are droid owner and have not gotten it yet, go to the droid market and type in hawkeye nation.

Here is a link to the app page in Android Market so some of you can see what part of it looks like:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.planetdiscover.hawkeye&feature=search_result

Once we get the iPhone app approved, I believe we'll work on an iPad app too.

Apple has rejected our application for our completed iPhone app a few times now..we have to prove to them we have the rights to use...well, not sure yet what we have to prove to them...could be our logo they wonder about or something else...but we are working through this process and will get it solved.

I just got the app via a provisional/developer route, today. I am blown away by this thing and I, as well as the developers, cannot wait for this thing to get into the hands of iPhone owners. The feedback we have had from Droid owners who have downloaded and used the app has been excellent, and more than 90% of them have retained the app once they downloaded it, which is a very high percentage.

If you are droid owner and have not gotten it yet, go to the droid market and type in hawkeye nation.

Here is a link to the app page in Android Market so some of you can see what part of it looks like:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.planetdiscover.hawkeye&feature=search_result

Once we get the iPhone app approved, I believe we'll work on an iPad app too.

Any chance you could put the app up on Cydia for now until it gets approved by Apple for those who have jailbroken devices?

Any chance you could put the app up on Cydia for now until it gets approved by Apple for those who have jailbroken devices?

You would still be able to download it. I don't know why you wouldnt be able to.

Dug. What version of the iPhone / os do you have. I have the Verizon iPhone 4 and I jailbroke it but undid it because of the lack of material that was compatable with it.

You would still be able to download it. I don't know why you wouldnt be able to.

Dug. What version of the iPhone / os do you have. I have the Verizon iPhone 4 and I jailbroke it but undid it because of the lack of material that was compatable with it.

I could download it now before it is approved by apple if it were made available on Cydia. I have OS version 4.something.

I hate apple.

Once we get the iPhone app approved, I believe we'll work on an iPad app too.[/QUOTE]

Consumer Report May 2011 did a Lab test of Tablet computers, including ipad2. In the report
They quoted Forrester Research as saying that there will be 26 million U.S. adults using tablet
computers by the end of 2011. Tablet computers and Smart phones are part of a fast growing market.

Not sure why you couldn't find material that was compatible. I have had every version of the iphone and every version of iOS and have yet to really encounter any compatibility issues when they are jailbroken.

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in and say that we are absolutely frustrated by the rejections and say we are doing everything to keep it moving forward. It has become this cat and mouse game of trying to guess what they are flagging and making adjustments. It takes about 6 or 7 days just to get into review, then another week to hear back on the outcome and very little information is provided. We are continuing to push forward behind the scenes on future enhancements to further enhance the app and ensure it deserves a place on your device so we are not standing still.

I know I rarely turn on my laptop at home these days since going tablet so we are definitely interested in getting a great companion app for that as well. The trick is to make sure you take advantage of the tablet and ensure it provides enough enhancements to deserve being an app. Nothing irritates me more than a web site that forces me to use a mobile app or mobile version on my ipad when the normal web site works perfectly well on it.

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in and say that we are absolutely frustrated by the rejections and say we are doing everything to keep it moving forward. It has become this cat and mouse game of trying to guess what they are flagging and making adjustments. It takes about 6 or 7 days just to get into review, then another week to hear back on the outcome and very little information is provided. We are continuing to push forward behind the scenes on future enhancements to further enhance the app and ensure it deserves a place on your device so we are not standing still.

I know I rarely turn on my laptop at home these days since going tablet so we are definitely interested in getting a great companion app for that as well. The trick is to make sure you take advantage of the tablet and ensure it provides enough enhancements to deserve being an app. Nothing irritates me more than a web site that forces me to use a mobile app or mobile version on my ipad when the normal web site works perfectly well on it.

Thank You! Patiently waiting.

I'm asking, are they (Apple) not explicitly clear for the rejection. My few dealings with them is their reason(s) are abundantly clear.

Good news...app was approved...should be propagating through the iTunes app system now and could be live as soon as tonight...will keep checking and let you know once I see it.

I like it. Wondering though why when you go to type it flips and you can't type holding the phone sideways with the bigger letters?

Looks good.

Feedback - in the schedule section, the schedule duplicates each time you leave and come back to it.

Add copy paste functionality.
Add ability to share a thread or post via facebook and twitter. This will allow for increased traffic and exposure to a newer audience.