HN Football Recruiting Class of ’17 Big Board 4.0

Pretty sure he is not committed yet, if that's what some are reading into Rob's post here. Just commending him for pausing I think.

Pretty sure he is not committed yet, if that's what some are reading into Rob's post here. Just commending him for pausing I think.

Yes. In this day and age of look at me athletes, this young man didn't feel right committing on a day of sorrow in his city. I would expect Calloway to announce his decision publicly early next week.

Yes. In this day and age of look at me athletes, this young man didn't feel right committing on a day of sorrow in his city. I would expect Calloway to announce his decision publicly early next week.
Ahhhh shoot! Thought he was ours! sigh.....

Hey I'm new to posting here but have been a follower for some time now. I was curious if rob or anyone knows if we are still after van ginkel, and if we might have a shot

Hey I'm new to posting here but have been a follower for some time now. I was curious if rob or anyone knows if we are still after van ginkel, and if we might have a shot

Yes. We are still after him and I think we're solidly in the mix.

On a bit of a high following Chevin's commitment today? Who might be next and when?

The short answer is it's hard to say. We're down to around 5 or so available scholarships at this point and the coaches will continue to be even more selective.

The next recruiting tailgate is at the end of the month. Something could come out of that.

If something happens before then, I'd look at Oliver Martin, who the coaches will try to get on campus ASAP and close the deal. Russ Yeast also is trying to get here ASAP as he knows Iowa is running out of rides.

The short answer is it's hard to say. We're down to around 5 or so available scholarships at this point and the coaches will continue to be even more selective.

The next recruiting tailgate is at the end of the month. Something could come out of that.

If something happens before then, I'd look at Oliver Martin, who the coaches will try to get on campus ASAP and close the deal. Russ Yeast also is trying to get here ASAP as he knows Iowa is running out of rides.

Oliver Martin would be a big get. Definitely want Damion Daniels and Russ Yeast. Recruiting is funner than usual this year...12-2, sweet new facilities, good coaches and MC Eno B.

Kirk has never taken less than 20. I am guessing 22-23 for this class.

I agree. Here is my list for how the class fills out. Admittedly this is a fantasy which ignores needs in favor of my gut intuition.

Ibrahim - MD (need more muslims as it helps a teams "bully" status)
Braydon Johnson - TX (I like the name Braydon. It's that simple)
O. Martin - IA (if Hinkel and Vandeberg had a baby, his name would be Oliver)
Juan Harris - IA (my rational is that you take him as a statement that you've built a fence around your state)
Van Ginkel - IA (V-A-N for some reason those three letters feel comfortable in Hawkeye colors)
Bowman - MD (2 reasons: the class needs a LB, and Iowa would benefit from inroads into Maryland)

And I think a surprise TX kid will show up late in the process. I'm hoping for a 6'3" athlete who could plug in on either side of the ball.

That's 22 signatures on signing day.

Latest posts