Hlas article on Bobby Hansen career finale

Thanks for reminding me how old I am... Sweet article. I remember that first 3 peat like it was yesterday. I was a huge B.J fan and Bulls fan at the time. Thanks for posting

I have always been a Lakers fan, but for 3 years I was proud to call the Bulls my second favorite...thanks to B.J. and for one year, Bobby. Great stuff.

I have always been a Lakers fan, but for 3 years I was proud to call the Bulls my second favorite...thanks to B.J. and for one year, Bobby. Great stuff.

D@mn your old!!!! In all seriousness that article gave me goosebumps. Hlas is a genius

I really enjoyed the article. I am also 51, graduated the same year as Bobby and followed his whole career very closely. I also remember his last college game. A one point loss to Villanova in sweet 16 in 1983.

Thanks for the link, Woody.....

I remember that game very well. Made me proud of the Iowa Lads. I remember the Summer after Bobby graduated from Dowling, there was a outside basketball tournament near Downtown DM with a team from Iowa with Bobby and Mark Gannon, playing against all star teams from Michigan and Illinois. I watched every game, the Iowa team won. They were calling Bobby, White Magic then.....

At a basketball camp at Dowling with Hansen and Gannon teaching, my son Kevin was given a technical and had to leave the game. He was the smallest one there, got a rebound, holding the ball with both hands and swinging his elbows around wildly. They called him Junior and sent him to the bench.....

They were good guys, very good with the kids who were thrilled to be coached by them.....

:)