Hit PSU where it hurts, not the region

BSpringsteen

Hlas really said much more eloquently what I've said, that handing out a death penalty to PSU hurts too many people that have had nothing to do with it...

That said - I think this is what I would do if I were the NCAA.

1. 100% of football related revenue must be spent on non revenue sports and or charitable donations to relavant charities for a period of 6 years.

2. In addition, no money may be spent on the football program during that time. No stadium renovations, no new facilities, no capital fundraising for after the 6 year period is over.

3. TV Blackout for all non conference games inside the state of Pennsylvania for a period of 6 years.

4. Bowl Ban for a period of 6 years.

5. 15% Reduction in scholarship for a period of 6 years.

That effectively destroys the program, without destroying the people who depend on it for their financial well being.

The "innocent" people you speak of, are the ones who are defending JoePa and think hes "innocent." Honestly, the death penalty is the only way to end that football cult over there in happy valley.

its ok that the pumishment impact teams other than football. the people that commited the cover up were in leadership positions over the ad and in fact the whole school. when leaders of an organozation **** up the consequences are felt by the whole organozation. thats why having strong leadership is so important.

if this happened at a publically traded fortune 500 company their stock prices would plummet, their revenue would plunge, and lots of.people who had nothing to do with the evil deed would get sh!tcanned. fair or not thats the way the world works.

This is getting riduculous.....now people are just making stuff up....Hlas included. The NCAA has no authority to tell an organization how it can or can not spend their money. None whatsoever.

They either have to give them the death penalty or let them walk. If they let them walk, they can't say that they have to spend x amount on this and y amount on that.

This is starting to get out of hand. Every journalist has their own made up punishment and they're simply just trying to one up the previous journalist's punishment recommendations.

If they find lack of institutional control, then death penalty their a$$ for 2 years. Let PSU try to sue them and see what happens. If PSU thought they were a pariah now, just wait for the outpouring from fans if they fight a perfectly just and reasonable punishment for the attrocities their higher ups perpetrated on innocent boys.

its ok that the pumishment impact teams other than football. the people that commited the cover up were in leadership positions over the ad and in fact the whole school. when leaders of an organozation **** up the consequences are felt by the whole organozation. thats why having strong leadership is so important.

if this happened at a publically traded fortune 500 company their stock prices would plummet, their revenue would plunge, and lots of.people who had nothing to do with the evil deed would get sh!tcanned. fair or not thats the way the world works.

#Enron

You are making sense, SpiderRico.

But I kinda like the idea of coming up with more and more outlandish punishments. It will keep us occupied until football season starts.

This is getting riduculous.....now people are just making stuff up....Hlas included. The NCAA has no authority to tell an organization how it can or can not spend their money. None whatsoever.

They either have to give them the death penalty or let them walk. If they let them walk, they can't say that they have to spend x amount on this and y amount on that.

This is starting to get out of hand. Every journalist has their own made up punishment and they're simply just trying to one up the previous journalist's punishment recommendations.

If they find lack of institutional control, then death penalty their a$$ for 2 years. Let PSU try to sue them and see what happens. If PSU thought they were a pariah now, just wait for the outpouring from fans if they fight a perfectly just and reasonable punishment for the attrocities their higher ups perpetrated on innocent boys.

Every hack out there loves to write articles to remind us that people's lives are more important than sports, and that it sports is just a game. Everyone knows this, but it makes these guys feel better to write some inane dribble on this topic. Also all sports writers love to be outraged and go after the NCAA, this has been a perfect storm for them.

But the Olympics start in two weeks, then college and pro football and baseball playoffs and people will move on from this before you know it.

One of the biggest diapointments in this fiasco is the denial of the PSU fans and alumni. How anyone can defend this is beyond me. If they would accept what everyone else has outside their cult and be willing to accept whatever punishment comes PSU's way i would be more empathetic with their plight of being "inoccent bystanders"

Well said.

Hlas is a King Football hack who can't stomach the idea of Pedo State actually having to face the fact that child welfare is more important than football.

F'n enabler.

Every hack out there loves to write articles to remind us that people's lives are more important than sports, and that it sports is just a game. Everyone knows this, but it makes these guys feel better to write some inane dribble on this topic. Also all sports writers love to be outraged and go after the NCAA, this has been a perfect storm for them.

But the Olympics start in two weeks, then college and pro football and baseball playoffs and people will move on from this before you know it.

Sure they will. Just wait until the Cowardly Lions show up at an opposing stadium.

Originally Posted by hawkfan33

People will not be moving on from this. That's exactly what psu wants.

Who exactly are these innocent people that would be hurting if the PSU football program got the death sentence? That top 15 recruiting class they have committed for 2013 is not signed and all the other players could get a waiver from the NCAA to transfer somewhere else. A death sentence is the only punishment that may get through to these people that still believe Paterno did nothing wrong. People, students, former players who keep coming out defending Paterno and one former football player I heard on the radio yesterday had not even bothered to read the Freeh report! By not giving PSU the death penalty you are sending the message that Paterno's legacy is more important than these victims and more important than following the laws of this country. Just taking a way a few scholarships and bowl games is not enough, you are still feeding these people football which is all they care about.

Who exactly are these innocent people that would be hurting if the PSU football program got the death sentence? That top 15 recruiting class they have committed for 2013 is not signed and all the other players could get a waiver from the NCAA to transfer somewhere else. A death sentence is the only punishment that may get through to these people that still believe Paterno did nothing wrong. People, students, former players who keep coming out defending Paterno and one former football player I heard on the radio yesterday had not even bothered to read the Freeh report! By not giving PSU the death penalty you are sending the message that Paterno's legacy is more important than these victims and more important than following the laws of this country. Just taking a way a few scholarships and bowl games is not enough, you are still feeding these people football which is all they care about.

All I was saying is that the economic impact to the entire region would be irreversibly devastating. And lots of businesses would go under.

Some say that the region deserves that, and maybe they do. And if that's the case, than so be it.

I would argue that killing football kills more than football. But by legislating a series of penalties that make it impossible for PSU to ever have a culture of football first, everything else second, can be just as effective to the demise of the program.

All I was saying is that the economic impact to the entire region would be irreversibly devastating. And lots of businesses would go under. Some say that the region deserves that, and maybe they do. And if that's the case, than so be it. I would argue that killing football kills more than football. But by legislating a series of penalties that make it impossible for PSU to ever have a culture of football first, everything else second, can be just as effective to the demise of the program.

ya know... the argument you are making sounds surprisingly like the argument joe pa and company made to cover up sandusky.

ya know... the argument you are making sounds surprisingly like the argument joe pa and company made to cover up sandusky.

Beyond that being an incredibly ****ed up thing to say, I see where your point is on that.

But what would the death penalty do to Penn State football that the penalties I outlined as the first post do not?

In some ways it would make it even harder for them to be competitive again for a longer amount of time.

Latest posts