Hilarious t-shirt seen in Omaha

I like their chances in volleyball. I think they also have a strong bowling team.

I don't like their chances in volleyball, hasn't Penn St won the last 3 national titles and gone undefeated at the same time? I know it is something crazy like that. I do like their chances in baseball though.

It is funny, if they didn't think it was actually true. When one of my hometown colleges added football a few years ago they had t-shirts that read, "BCU Football: Undefeated since 1956" or whatever year the school was founded. That was pretty funny, especially since everyone accepted they would most likely start off pretty horrible. No one had any delusions of remaining undefeated after game 1 or 2. Husker fans on the other hand, truly believe they will be B10 Champs about as often as OSU. They will eat crow, but until then it's just annoying.

Oh, and don't expect a Husker fan to eat too much crow. Excuses are like a$$holes there. You will immediately hear about how them refs screwed them, they have to travel too far, they can't recruit 5 stars to the B10, and on and on. It will never be because they aren't that good.

Those of you who live on the E side of the state will get all you can stomach from these guys in no time.

Iowa fans can be equally as arrogant, even without the same history Nebraska has, and we have been known to blame officiating, etc for losses.

It's a funny shirt, and if it was Iowa entering a new conference, I would expect something similar.

Its funny and it is doing exactly what it is supposed to....get under your skin. Thats what makes rivalries fun. Shouldnt we expect to win anyway? Dont you expect to beat Penn St?

Not to be the grammar police but I think the OP should have used arrogance rather than ignorance. N stands for Nowledge.

I'm just glad that the fanbase is pretty jazzed about joining the Big Ten. I welcome them with open arms, although their first response of "304 straight" will then peeve me.

Penn State won the Big 10 in their second year of being in it btw.

I work in Nebraska and I just kind of laugh at it. I tell them when they finally play, I will care about them. Until then, whatever... However, you run your mouth to me and Iowa beats them in 2011, you better pray to god the world ends in 2012 because my answer for everything will be, Iowa beat Nebraska.

Iowa fans can be equally as arrogant, even without the same history Nebraska has, and we have been known to blame officiating, etc for losses.

It's a funny shirt, and if it was Iowa entering a new conference, I would expect something similar.

Wrong.

I think it's funny. Probably be better if it said 2010 Big 12 Champs on one side, and 2011 BigTen Champs on the other. Might as well shoot for the stars.

I think a lot of you are letting the vocal minority ruin your opinion of the Nebraska fan base overall. Sure, they are pretty fanatical and very loyal, but most are pretty down to earth. I have a bunch of friends that are Nebby fans, and not a single one expects them to win the BigTen in 2011. They hope to do well and maybe be in the running, but are far more worried about several games and not showing as well as they would like...

I think it's pretty clever. If I was a Bugeater fan I'd wear one.

I'm a Husker fan and I know I wouldn't wear one for two reasons: (1) It smacks of arrogance that so many claim of the Husker fan base and (2) it probably isn't an offically Nebraska licensed product.

My guess is that whoever printed the shirts could get into some hot water with trademark issues, not to mention I bet that Nebraska probably won't have permission from the Big 10 to market their brand until July 1, 2011.

I think a lot of you are letting the vocal minority ruin your opinion of the Nebraska fan base overall. Sure, they are pretty fanatical and very loyal, but most are pretty down to earth. I have a bunch of friends that are Nebby fans, and not a single one expects them to win the BigTen in 2011. They hope to do well and maybe be in the running, but are far more worried about several games and not showing as well as they would like...

sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Its funny and it is doing exactly what it is supposed to....get under your skin. Thats what makes rivalries fun. Shouldnt we expect to win anyway? Dont you expect to beat Penn St?

Not to be the grammar police but I think the OP should have used arrogance rather than ignorance. N stands for Nowledge.

I think arrogant and ignorant would both be proper descriptions.
I hope the lady with the t-shirt ran into this guy and I hope he told her:
24xknbm.jpg

Oh come on now, thats funny. AND I like it! if we were in their shoes I'd do the same darn thing. Lighten up

Penn State won the Big 10 in their second year of being in it btw.

I work in Nebraska and I just kind of laugh at it. I tell them when they finally play, I will care about them. Until then, whatever... However, you run your mouth to me and Iowa beats them in 2011, you better pray to god the world ends in 2012 because my answer for everything will be, Iowa beat Nebraska.

Ah....but what are you going to do when Iowa loses?

Oh come on now, thats funny. AND I like it! if we were in their shoes I'd do the same darn thing. Lighten up[/QUO

Agreed. If they wore shirts that said they thought someone else was going to be conference champs they should have their fan cards permanently revoked.

You kiss *** Nebraska apologists really don't have a clue. Don't ever come to these boards ******** to the rest of us when you finally realize the extent of their arrogance....and ignorance.......and repulsive, delusional perspective.

You kiss *** Nebraska apologists really don't have a clue. Don't ever come to these boards ******** to the rest of us when you finally realize the extent of their arrogance....and ignorance.......and repulsive, delusional perspective.

As long as you are being calm and rational about it.

I live west of Omaha and I heard about this shirt. It was worn by a Native American and it said, "1876 National Champions". It then had a pic of Custer on it. Thought it was hilarious.

Latest posts