Higdon Aiming To Start This Fall

Quick, how many true freshman have started for Iowa under KF?

Not sure if they actually started, but Brandon Wegher, Marcus Coker, Akrum Wadley and I believe Adam Robinson. Although most were pressed into starting because of AIRBHG.

Desmond King. Mike Jones for the last half of '03 (injury related). Freddie Barr and Colin Cole during the initial rebuild. Dominique Douglas. Wegher (sort of). That's all that I can come up with off the top of my head. Bulaga played a lot in '07 on a really bad line.

Not sure if they actually started, but Brandon Wegher, Marcus Coker, Akrum Wadley and I believe Adam Robinson. Although most were pressed into starting because of AIRBHG.
Robinson had a redshirt year before he played. Coker doesn't really count as he only saw late season action due to A-Rob's injury. Only played in like 3 or 4 games. Wadley also had a redhsirt year and never actually started a game.

Bob Sanders started on special teams.. I remember the first punt coverage he was in on against KSU.. They had a stud PR.. He got there first,hit the kid and that kid didn't play the rest of the game. Its no wonder our defense was so good with him because he would erase the mistakes other players made.

Antwaan Allen in 2002 and I want to say Jovon Johnson started as a true freshman in 2003.

The odds of him starting as a true freshman are about nothing. Plewa has a better chance of starting at rb.

The odds of him starting as a true freshman are about nothing. Plewa has a better chance of starting at rb.
True, mostly because he's going to Ann Arbor and probably going to switch.

Note that I don't want him to, and I hope he does start for us next year, but I think we lose this one.

True, mostly because he's going to Ann Arbor and probably going to switch.

Note that I don't want him to, and I hope he does start for us next year, but I think we lose this one.

What makes you say this? In the article he was adamant that he is a Hawkeye.:confused:

He's gone-Iowa's only hope was to keep him off UM's campus and I just saw a tweet saying he is visiting this weekend. The kid will have a half million reasons to go

He's gone-Iowa's only hope was to keep him off UM's campus and I just saw a tweet saying he is visiting this weekend. The kid will have a half million reasons to go

The odds definitely would lean to you being correct. But this kid sounded so sure, as if he already has his 4 years at Iowa mapped out. So, I am simply going to hold kfootball and staff accountable for getting this done. There is no more gray area for me with kfootball, having witnessed the past 5 seasons.

This is really disappointing. I don't mean to bash the kid, but after all he has said and done, why would he do this? Yeah, I know, its Michigan. If we have to go one on one with them over most recruits, we would likely lose. But this kid seemed so heavily committed, had his head on straight, and seemed to really love the Iowa Hawkeyes. If we lose this guy, I will really be disappointed and I don't usually whine around over one recruit or another. Of course, Iowa is desperately in need of running backs, so this is serious.

........and isn't it ironic that MI may get him on campus for an extra day due to weather. We can all hope but must remember he flipped once already.

The only RB in the class in a position of great need. I wonder if we might have told him early in the process that we wouldn't go after anymore RBs if he stuck with us?

Latest posts