HEY WE LOST TO A JUGGERNAUT

I told my wife before the game that they'd lose by 20 because they're just not very good. My opinion is that it makes it worse that we lost to a team we should have walked over. If they had been a better team than us and we lost a close one, so be it, but we lost to a bad team.

I told my wife before the game that they'd lose by 20 because they're just not very good. My opinion is that it makes it worse that we lost to a team we should have walked over. If they had been a better team than us and we lost a close one, so be it, but we lost to a bad team.
a bad team that didn't really play a great game. Iowa's performance was that bad.

One major reason Iowa lose is that Keegan suffered a very painful ankle injury early in the game. He tried to play through it but he couldn’t move with his usual quickness.

you guys need to calm down and wake up. We are Big Ten champions. Those kids will wear that ring forever and look at that banner for the rest of their lives.

fran will make it happen in the Big Dance. It didn’t happen this year, but it will happen

Richmond is not a great ball club on their best day. Its ok.....Hawks dropped a turd on the wrong day

I’m
One major reason Iowa lose is that Keegan suffered a very painful ankle injury early in the game. He tried to play through it but he couldn’t move with his usual quickness.

you guys need to calm down and wake up. We are Big Ten champions. Those kids will wear that ring forever and look at that banner for the rest of their lives.

fran will make it happen in the Big Dance. It didn’t happen this year, but it will happen
First off you have zero evidence to support your last claim. In fact there is a ton of life experience that suggest otherwise.

I do agree with you about winning the BTT. No one can take that away from them and it’s one hell of an accomplishment. Congratulations to the time on the conference tournament championship.

Maybe you will turn out being right. Just as Fran figured out how to win the BTT he will in turn figure out the NCAA tourney. I certainly hope so.

Having said that though, Fran’s history doesn’t support this supposition.

ncaa tournmanent is exciting

but its a huge joke for crowning a champion...

its a random luck fest
You could in theory make a 64 team tournament (and yes cut it back to 64) double elimination. We have a local bowling tournament every year in Dubuque that pulls it off.

But it would be a hell of a grind to come up through the loser's bracket. For some it would entail playing multiple games on the same day, or games on back to back days.

Just a fleeting thought. A fifteen seed will play a sixteen in a regional final before this tournament goes double elimination.

ncaa tournmanent is exciting

but its a huge joke for crowning a champion...

its a random luck fest

The tourney is definitely full of "upsets" which I place in quotes because Bball has just been a super popular game, full of kids becoming great players, and the college teams are full of them. So there is so much more parity now. Bball is the ticket for college for many kids.

Over the years the difference between majors and mid-majors has tighted quite a bit. Thirty years ago or even 20 years ago you hardly even saw Gonzaga and St Marys and some of these other schools with decent teams.

So many good players and only needing a solid 5 starters and a couple of subs can make a small school a big Bball team. Oh, and randomly bad officiating and some crazy bounces plus the 3 pt basket make it crazy also.

Getting knocked out in rd 1 once again absolutely sucks but I really enjoyed this season. Winning 12 of their last 15 games or whatever was simply a blast to watch. Especially when you compare it to past seasons where they seem to fade down the stretch. I’ll never forget JB’s game winning shot against Indiana when all game long I thought they were gonna lose. Then flat out beating Purdue wire to wire to win the b10 tournament championship. I put that shot by JB up there w/ the stanzi to McNutt pass to beat MSU. I loved this season. The ending sucked but i’m not going to let it take away from the joy I had watching this team all season long.

D-1 college bball is an interesting collection of players.
1 & done's can lift you for a year (Kentucky, Duke)
A combination of a player or 2 like that and guys who stay 4+yrs is hard to maintain (Gonzaga), so it is rare. Iowa kind of fits this mold this season.
Several teams (Richmond, non-P6) teams just have a lot of experience and have played together.
A few (Texas Tech, IaSt?) have transfer portaled a whole new, but seasoned roster and it takes 2-3 months to figure it out.
Throw in injuries (Baylor) and who makes it back onto the court (Kansas).

Finally, March Madness is a 1 game deal.
Iowa would beat Richmond 9/10, Kent over St. Peters 99/100.
Just that 1 time

D-1 college bball is an interesting collection of players.
1 & done's can lift you for a year (Kentucky, Duke)
A combination of a player or 2 like that and guys who stay 4+yrs is hard to maintain (Gonzaga), so it is rare. Iowa kind of fits this mold this season.
Several teams (Richmond, non-P6) teams just have a lot of experience and have played together.
A few (Texas Tech, IaSt?) have transfer portaled a whole new, but seasoned roster and it takes 2-3 months to figure it out.
Throw in injuries (Baylor) and who makes it back onto the court (Kansas).

Finally, March Madness is a 1 game deal.
Iowa would beat Richmond 9/10, Kent over St. Peters 99/100.
Just that 1 time
There’s a reason Hawks’ “Luck” rating is almost always negative. It would be nice if those “1 times” happened more frequently in the non-con than in the most important game of the season.

Not discounting Ks ankle but he still made some nice block moves and exploded on the inbounds lob late in the game?
Ultimately, it was his lack of touches, waaay too much ineffective JoBo, really bad defense on the back cuts, physical weakness contesting / preventing shots that lost this one.

Interesting. We were on a mission for the last one third of the conference season and into the BTT. Huge release of air out of the balloon going into NCAA tourney.

We then become the jackrabbits mission. They.beat us then a huge release of air out their balloon. Twenty point loss against Providence.

How in the world does a coach get his players to over come this?

Gonna be hard to want to religiously follow the Hawks after this huge let down. I expect seats to be even more empty than they were earlier before we got hot. Unless through a Miracle both Murray’s are back next season.