Hey, O'Keefe

LawVHawk

Did you know Evans Town was the site of the first NCAA basketball tournament but your boys in purple have never made it?

Thought you'd be intereted bince Jim Nantz just said so, so it must be true.

ah, one of those. Like a guy from a small Midwest town who's Yankee fan...or the chick from Idaho who's a Cowboy fan. Just pick a big name program and jump on the band wagon..

Hey, at least I had student tickets to Pauley.

But I could never quite get into being a "Bruin fan". The fan vibe is just so... soft... compared to the Big Ten. The Rose Bowl for home football games was even worse. Half-full, everyone stupified by the sun, it was like watching golf. And they had good teams in both sports then (under Harrick and Donahue)

The one massive exception: UCLA-USC football. F***ing intense, screaming crowd, standing the whole game, like Michigan/OSU.

Isn't it "Evans-Towne"?

I used to be a big fan of saying "Ankeny-Towne", but that is about all Ankeny & Evanston have in common - fun to append "towne" to their names.

I got out of Ankeny because I got creeped out looking at all the women's mouths. Every female resident over the age of 50 or so in Ankeny-Towne has this really weird perma-pucker thing going on about their face. I think they spent so much time walking around with their mouths puckered in general disgust @ the world, they would just get frozen like that and look that way all the time. Just a theory (but probably right).

Latest posts