Herky...the old and the new

herkeye

Call me a traditionalist, but I'm kind of bummed that the Iowa Spirit Squads changed the design of the "football" herky and would like for them to go back to the old costume...

THE OLD...

THE NEW...

I am not a fan of new football Herky, but I understand that a lot of people do like the change. I thought that the old Football Herky was somewhat iconic.

I'm surprised that they didn't let anyone know that they were considering making a change. Perhaps do a survey to see what people thought.

I prefer the old Herky too, but the new one isn't bad. Except....GET RID OF THOSE STUPID MOON BOOTS!

Two suggestions - 1) Change the shoes. House slippers are less comfortable than those things. 2) Dump the "00" and replace it with the old Herky "I". "00" sends the wrong message.

Guess I'll get used to it. But it seems like there is something odd about his helmet.

Agree with homes above, 00 on the jersey seems........... a poor choice.

But Iowa has bigger problems at this point.

I like the change, I always thought the old Herky looked ridiculous... looked like they put a hawk helmet on our 4th string kicker. The new Herky at least looks like he stands a chance against Sparty or Bucky in a street fight.

Herky_the_Hawk.png

I would have like to seen a change in coaching rather than a change in mascot out fit. But the Spirit Squad can only do so much.

I think they should have made the face a little more "happy-tough" vs. "scary-tough" for the young kids (Herky is for fun and marketing to the little ones afterall), but other than that I like the change.

My kids think old herky looks dumb. They think cy looks dumber.

They like new herky but think the mooncleats look stupid and legs too chunky

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I entered the wrong forums...isn't this the type of everyday debate we could be having on HN if we were undefeated, estatic with coaching staff and their decisions, had phenomenal recruiting, appreciated our school prez, and had an AD with a spine?

Whar are other threads..."Should cheerleaders use pon-poms again"....or "What color should the new water tower be...and where should it be placed?"...."Will we take the B1G again in gymnastics AND crew?"?!?!?

I think I entered the wrong forums...isn't this the type of everyday debate we could be having on HN if we were undefeated, estatic with coaching staff and their decisions, had phenomenal recruiting, appreciated our school prez, and had an AD with a spine?

Whar are other threads..."Should cheerleaders use pon-poms again"....or "What color should the new water tower be...and where should it be placed?"...."Will we take the B1G again in gymnastics AND crew?"?!?!?

Don't paint the water tower. Put an LED display on it. And then put LED displays on the new children's hospital. It'll look like Times Square. And that would be freakin awesome.

Latest posts