Here's What I Wrote on Eno

What pisses me off about the ferentz "philosophy" is if eno was a soft commit or leaning Iowa then he could still visit other schools and Iowa wouldn't care. But since he committed then ferentz treats it like a blood oath. Thats not the way kids today work.

Eno told us Monday that Iowa was mad that he took visits. Not sure of the circumstances. Did he tell the coaches he was visiting other schools? Did they ask him?

Eno told us Monday that they were working to repair the relationship. What happened with it this week? Did the coaches stipulate things they wanted to see him do and he not agree? Maybe the coaches said they couldn't commit to him and he took that as them not wanting him anymore.

Lot of unanswered questions. Reminds me a little bit of when Willies left and then wanted to come back. He and the coaches couldn't agree on terms.

Eno told us Monday that Iowa was mad that he took visits. Not sure of the circumstances. Did he tell the coaches he was visiting other schools? Did they ask him?

Eno told us Monday that they were working to repair the relationship. What happened with it this week? Did the coaches stipulate things they wanted to see him do and he not agree? Maybe the coaches said they couldn't commit to him and he took that as them not wanting him anymore.

Lot of unanswered questions. Reminds me a little bit of when Willies left and then wanted to come back. He and the coaches couldn't agree on terms.

What scares me a little bit is that the optics of this make it look like Iowa thinks it's the "bell of the ball" and the recruits are suiters.

If anything, it's the other way around. The Iowa program needs to tailor, within means, to these kids. Not the other way around.

We likely won't find out specifics. There won't be a clarification from the staff.

And there will be 100 threads about this for years.

Tough loss. We need more talent.

I'm glad you mentioned Willies. You mentioned in a different thread how you over-heard Willies asking K-Mart for help with the play-calls. I accept that as fact, knowing full well how extremely innovative and complex our offensive schemes are. But here's the thing, Willies found a way to be a JUCO All-American. So I have to think his giant ego, incredible leaping ability and 6'3" frame was able to overcome his academic limitations. Even if Willies couldn't block or learn routes, I would tell him, "Sprint to the endzone and high-point the football and we have 6 points."

Eno; Willies; etc. These are square pegs that Kirk seems to want to fit into a round hole. If you have a square peg, why not alter the hole so that it can fit a round peg AND a square peg????

I was talking about the decommitment. Iowa decided to part ways. Why? Not sure yet. Has to be a reason though.
That’s just it. From what’s been tweeted out there it sounds like it was KF that cut the cord more so than Eno. It sounds like it was a game of chicken being played. Iowa I’m sure let him and any other kid that commits to them know their ‘policy’ about visiting other places. So Eno knew all that before ever visiting Mizzu and ASU right? Yet did it anyway. KF then decided that he couldn’t have anyone cross his red line in the sand and make him look bad so there you have it. Now is that policy not as one sided and downright hypocritical? How many committed recruits to other schools has Iowa continued to recruit and encourage to visit? I bet that’s a huge number. So if I’m a kid that wants to look around and has 5 official visits to use why not? KF better hope he doesn’t go to Michigan that’s all I know. If we thought losing Gordon to Wisky was bad this would only be worse..

One thing to keep in mind is Gary said they need to fundraise $20 million for the north endzone project. I wonder if some donors tell the U they won't donate as long as Kirk is still around.

KF then decided that he couldn’t have anyone cross his red line in the sand and make him look bad so there you have it.

Why wouldn't he draw that line? Did you see the way that offense lit up Wisky? There have to be elite athletes lining up for a chance to be coached by these Hawkeye gurus.

I was talking about the decommitment. Iowa decided to part ways. Why? Not sure yet. Has to be a reason though.

You do know that Iowa tells it's commits that if they visit other schools they will pull the offer, right? That is the reason, Eno lied to them, took two visits and the staff wasn't having it. They don't think they can trust him, so they cut bait now instead of getting "Higdon'd" at the last minute.

Why wouldn't he draw that line? Did you see the way that offense lit up Wisky? There have to be elite athletes lining up for a chance to be coached by these Hawkeye gurus.
I hear ya... Loud and clear. That's what is so dumb. Not all recruits should be created equal. You have a top 300 4 star RB committed to you so let's push him away because he wants to visit a couple other places??? Yeah that's logical. Because Iowa has 3 other 4 star stud RBs just banging down the door waiting to come too... Regardless of how many 2 star recruits Iowa has turned into studs your still beholden to talent. The staffs pretty ignorant if they think that Eno needed Iowa more then the other way around... That kid could go about anywhere he wants. And not only that take a handful of pretty good players that are friends of his with him. This staff underestimated his value in a really big way I think and I'm afraid the wheels are falling off the bus pretty fast...

You do know that Iowa tells it's commits that if they visit other schools they will pull the offer, right? That is the reason, Eno lied to them, took two visits and the staff wasn't having it. They don't think they can trust him, so they cut bait now instead of getting "Higdon'd" at the last minute.

What an archaic, overzealous philosophy. If I'm a kid and have free trips to college campuses across the country, I'm making those trips

What scares me a little bit is that the optics of this make it look like Iowa thinks it's the "bell of the ball" and the recruits are suiters.

If anything, it's the other way around. The Iowa program needs to tailor, within means, to these kids. Not the other way around.
Yeah cuz you'd be okay with letting your fiancée spend the weekend with other guys while engaged to you. A lot of posters rip KF for no accountability but when it comes to a 4 star recruit you've willing to show you have no integrity to the players you've already recruited or have playing for you now.