Here's My Writeup on the Fran-Arkansas Story

I think if Barta were my boss I’d stick around until the goose stops laying those precious gold eggs.

Fran gets a fatter paycheck regardless of their being a Tigerhawk on it or a Razorback.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere...but not the first time I’ve been wrong!! :rolleyes:

I second the notion that this won't happen. This is the Ol' Kirk Ferentz ploy to get Fran a raise. Nothing more. Nothing less. Except this time, Gutless Gary was smart enough to get the rumor mill started before the raise/extension is announced.

So are you saying Arkansas isnt even interested and Fran made up the rumor just to try to get a raise? I can understand a coach using actual interest from other schools as a bargaining chip to squeeze more money out of his current boss. But I'm not sure if I believe that a coach invents rumors just to bargain a new contract. That seems a little too easy to get to the bottom of.

So are you saying Arkansas isnt even interested and Fran made up the rumor just to try to get a raise? I can understand a coach using actual interest from other schools as a bargaining chip to squeeze more money out of his current boss. But I'm not sure if I believe that a coach invents rumors just to bargain a new contract. That seems a little too easy to get to the bottom of.
It's more like: Fran's agent puts feelers out to Arkansas on the down low, just to provide some Basis in fact. Then said agent leaks "Fran to Arkansas" rumors to get the pot stirring. Agent then shows up to Gutless Gary's office with a jar of petroleum jelly.

It's more like: Fran's agent puts feelers out to Arkansas on the down low, just to provide some Basis in fact. Then said agent leaks "Fran to Arkansas" rumors to get the pot stirring. Agent then shows up to Gutless Gary's office with a jar of petroleum jelly.

So do you think Arkansas is interested? Or not at all?

So do you think Arkansas is interested? Or not at all?
No. Fran couldn't sniff a P6 job until that idiot Barta came calling. What would Arkansas stand to gain? They just fired Mike Anderson after 8 seasons and his win % was way better than Fran's.

No. Fran couldn't sniff a P6 job until that idiot Barta came calling. What would Arkansas stand to gain? They just fired Mike Anderson after 8 seasons and his win % was way better than Fran's.

And you really think an agent making up a rumor that could easily be fact checked to make Fran look like a complete idiot is enough to trick someone into giving out more money? I get the jokes around Barta and I even understand the half truths behind the jokes. But come on. No way you really think that an agent would think that would work. That's a trick that a 5 year old might try. But not an adult. Think something through just a bit sometime.

And you really think an agent making up a rumor that could easily be fact checked to make Fran look like a complete idiot is enough to trick someone into giving out more money? I get the jokes around Barta and I even understand the half truths behind the jokes. But come on. No way you really think that an agent would think that would work. That's a trick that a 5 year old might try. But not an adult. Think something through just a bit sometime.
I think anyone could trick that moron Gutless Gary. Did anyone ever think KF was really leaving Iowa to coach the Jacksonville Jaguars? I didn't.

Lol that's a delightful little ponzi scheme, but it kind of falls apart if the prop school actually has no interest in the agents coach. So needless to say it happens a lot less than your implying. I would be more suspicious of such activities if Fran hadn't just hammered out a lengthy extension. He's is either gone or he isn't. I doubt a new contract would result from any of this.

Lol that's a delightful little ponzi scheme, but it kind of falls apart if the prop school actually has no interest in the agents coach. So needless to say it happens a lot less than your implying. I would be more suspicious of such activities if Fran hadn't just hammered out a lengthy extension. He's is either gone or he isn't. I doubt a new contract would result from any of this.
What you don't know, won't hurt you. My sources tell me that's exactly what happened and that's good enough for me.

Latest posts