Here's a Challenge for You Experts

eyekwah

After a 6 and 4 start by Iowa we have the negative Nellie's with acid fingers critical that Iowa has not beaten any upper echelon programs. Here is the challenge. Identify teams that you "know" that would beat MSU, OSU, and Wisconsin; all three, when those teams have two weeks to prepare for an opponent. If that is too hard find teams that would win 2 of 3.

I think if Iowa had won just 1 of those games people would be satisfied. When you get two of those games at home, people expect you to pull one out. Unfortunately, Iowa is no longer protecting Kinnick. Specifically, I think if Iowa had gotten the MSU game, people would be very excited right now. We had a lot of momentum going into that game and just came out completely flat. Had we won that game we would be fighting for a B1G Championship game birth.

If you dont like the negatism why do you call those people to a thread? Seems as though you want to hear what they say.

If you dont like a view point why do try to stir it up? There are a lot of people that claim they cant stand negative posters but yet they chase them around thread to thread. If I went and started a thread the same people would come tell me they are sick of me. Why? They know who started the thread before they open it. Fire is hot.

After a 6 and 4 start by Iowa we have the negative Nellie's with acid fingers critical that Iowa has not beaten any upper echelon programs. Here is the challenge. Identify teams that you "know" that would beat MSU, OSU, and Wisconsin; all three, when those teams have two weeks to prepare for an opponent. If that is too hard find teams that would win 2 of 3.

all the teams whose coaches make 4 million plus per year would. Most sec teams. And btw, WE are supposed to be considered an "upper echelon program" or have you been lulled to sleep by Kirk ferentz's offensive lullaby?

Yeah alabama would beat all three but I am not sure oregon, stanford, or LSU could.

Iowa will start beating them again when the get a decent consistent passing game going again. Right now teams with good defenses can shut down are run game and we dont have the playmakers in passing game to burn them.

DJK, McNutt and some other receivers in 2009-11 made a lot of difference.

The hawks are an average team with some really good parts and a weak passing game and sometimes weak secondary. If they win 1 or 2 more games they will be a little above average.

If they keep improving they will be top 40 next year.

I would of been happy if we won ONE of those games. I don't see anyone thinking we could of or should of won all 3 of those games.

We aren't an upper echelon team and I have no illusions we are, thanks to Kirk's recruiting.

MSU and Wisconsin were very beatable, if we win ONE of those games we are at 7 wins with a darn good shot to get 8 or 9 on the year. That's a January bowl and a very good year.

The hawks are an average team with some really good parts and a weak passing game and sometimes weak secondary. If they win 1 or 2 more games they will be a little above average.

If they keep improving they will be top 40 next year.

Top 40 next year should be good enough to make a run at the conference championship game though. It depends on Scherff coming back and how much falloff there is at linebacker (of which there will be a lot, i fear).

Do you remember not that long ago you could substitute Iowa for MSU or Wisconsin? It is becoming a distant memory unfortunately.

I think if Iowa had won just 1 of those games people would be satisfied. When you get two of those games at home, people expect you to pull one out. Unfortunately, Iowa is no longer protecting Kinnick. Specifically, I think if Iowa had gotten the MSU game, people would be very excited right now. We had a lot of momentum going into that game and just came out completely flat. Had we won that game we would be fighting for a B1G Championship game birth.

MSU came into our game off a "bye" week. O$U came into OUR "bye" week off one of their own. Wisconsin came into our game off a "bye" week.

Our two "post-bye" games? O$U and Michigan. Seemingly awesome, except one of THEM also came off a "bye" week.

While the schedule god did us no favors--and it amazes me just how many seasons in KFs tenure that we have started conference play on the road--it supposedly "pays us back" next few years.

Iowa won't beat either Michigan or Nebraska. Michigan's offense is too athletic for Iowa's defense and Nebraska plays smash mouth even better than the Hawks. And no one has to worry about Iowa's offense.

Iowa won't beat either Michigan or Nebraska. Michigan's offense is too athletic for Iowa's defense and Nebraska plays smash mouth even better than the Hawks. And no one has to worry about Iowa's offense.

You're like that dude on the old "Gulliver's Travels" cartoon, Glum.

Every episode featured his, "We'll never make it...we're doomed" spiel. EVERY episode.

Shouldn't the question have been to identify the teams that we "know" would beat MSU, OSU, Wisc, or NORTHERN ILLINOIS (remember that other team that beat us at Kinnick)?

Yeah, Michigan's offense is so good!
Nebraska plays such great smashmouth football they got beat by Minnesota and needed a Hail Mary to beat Northwestern. I know you aren't serious with this stuff but its not funny it is just old. And if you are serious you must be one miserable person and have very little intelligence.

This has been a very interesting year for Iowa football in many ways. At the beginning of the year, it seemed to me that our only "sure" wins were Missouri State, W. Michigan and Purdue. I thought Iowa State and Northern Illinois were "tossup" games.

I believed that Minnesota on the road was going to be very tough and therefore we were an underdog. I thought we would be huge underdogs in all of the rest of the Big Ten games (and most pundits agreed with that conclusion).

In other words, after 10 games, I thought the best we could do would be 5-5. We are now 6-4 and have exceeded expectations.

If we split the remaining two games (a real possibility), I would label this season a huge success.

You obviously didn't watch the Michigan/Nebraska game. Michigan's offense is horrendous. Negative rushing yards in their last two games. LOL! And Nebraska is no powerhouse. Their D is no great shakes. The Hawks may not win either, but I favor them against Michigan, and Nebby will be a toss-up.

Iowa has done something they haven't done in awhile: beat everyone they were 'supposed to' (in the B1G).
That's "improvement."

Next step: beat those pesky teams from the MAC.

But if Iowa beats Michigan or Nebraska or both then the experts will say those programs are down and Iowa would have beaten everyone they were 'supposed to'.

Latest posts