Here is the real question about Jake

FreddyBrown

Is he coming back with a scholarship? If so, where is that scholarship coming from?

If another ride becomes available I'd rather see it go to someone like Kaylon Williams or another PG who can give us more than a semester on the court.

If he's paying his own way, then it's all gravy and I'd love to have him. But the scholarship issue is significant in evaluating whether this makes sense for Iowa.

Can Jon or whomever is covering this for HN find out what the financial arrangements might be, if a return is announced?

By the way this has nothing to do with having anything against Jake. It's about what's best for the program. We do not owe anything to Jake in terms of how we allocate future rides. We have already done what we can for him by supporting a waiver so he could play immediately at Indiana State.

I would love to see Jake come back to this team! That being said, I think Freddie is right, we don't OWE him his scholarship back, and Lick must do what he feels is best for the team. If Lick has no intention of offering a Kaylon Williams or another JUCO, then fine use the scholarship on Jake.

The scholarship isn't a huge issue IMO. As of next year I only count 13 scholarship players so we have it avaialable. There is no 5-8 rule anymore. He would be one and done so it won't tie up a scholarship long term. In actuallity this is just like signing a JUCO kid except that he's only here one year.

The scholarship isn't a huge issue IMO. As of next year I only count 13 scholarship players so we have it avaialable. There is no 5-8 rule anymore. He would be one and done so it won't tie up a scholarship long term. In actuallity this is just like signing a JUCO kid except that he's only here one year.

We have 10 on scholarship this year.
Lose 1.
Gain 4.
Puts us at 13 scholarships - the max.

Is he coming back with a scholarship? If so, where is that scholarship coming from?

If another ride becomes available I'd rather see it go to someone like Kaylon Williams or another PG who can give us more than a semester on the court.

If he's paying his own way, then it's all gravy and I'd love to have him. But the scholarship issue is significant in evaluating whether this makes sense for Iowa.

Can Jon or whomever is covering this for HN find out what the financial arrangements might be, if a return is announced?

By the way this has nothing to do with having anything against Jake. It's about what's best for the program. We do not owe anything to Jake in terms of how we allocate future rides. We have already done what we can for him by supporting a waiver so he could play immediately at Indiana State.

Freddy I agree 100%. If he comes in on a scholarship it kind of messes up our #s.

Honestly I cut Tucker's scholarship. Let the kid play on the team but the way I see it he has gotten two free years for very little (or nothing) he owes us two years let him pay. This would allow Kelly to stay 2 years and nothing would change or 1 year and we get another scholarship earlier.

Honestly I cut Tucker's scholarship. Let the kid play on the team but the way I see it he has gotten two free years for very little (or nothing) he owes us two years let him pay. This would allow Kelly to stay 2 years and nothing would change or 1 year and we get another scholarship earlier.

Cut Tucker and add Jake Kelly and Tyler Smith.

Subtraction by Addition

:D