Here is how predictable the ISU-Iowa game will be so dump this series

uihawk82

On defense ISU will totally sell out as they have since McCarney became coach as it their main way of beating the hawks.

On offense Iowa will rarely make ISU pay for selling out and their over pursuit to Iowa's first motion. Iowa will probably be plain jane on offense and grind out some scores.

ISU will run their zone read and make some plays but Iowa should not give up more than 13-17 points .

So to me right now this is an avg Iowa team with a decent defense, weak kicking game, and yard producing, no clutch play low scoring offense against a poor to bad ISU team from what most people say. To me this game is no different than the first two hawk games where the hawks were supposed to win easily and yet they struggle. Ball St is probably better than ISU and UNI is probably better than ISU so I would expect the hawks to win but compared to the first 10 years of this renewed series this game has become more of a bore.

I could hardly go into the stadium in 2012 to watch this game as I knew it would be a yawner and it was. I was sort of excited last year with a lot of unknown quantities on both sides. But since last years game ISU went into the dumpster, Iowa had a decent revival, yet Iowa played avg the first two games and ISU is 0-2.

I am saying it again, I want my $60 for a ticket (120 for my two) to watch competition like NC STate, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Duke, Missou, so time to dump the ISU series

On defense ISU will totally sell out as they have since McCarney became coach as it their main way of beating the hawks.

On offense Iowa will rarely make ISU pay for selling out and their over pursuit to Iowa's first motion. Iowa will probably be plain jane on offense and grind out some scores.

ISU will run their zone read and make some plays but Iowa should not give up more than 13-17 points .

So to me right now this is an avg Iowa team with a decent defense, weak kicking game, and yard producing, no clutch play low scoring offense against a poor to bad ISU team from what most people say. To me this game is no different than the first two hawk games where the hawks were supposed to win easily and yet they struggle. Ball St is probably better than ISU and UNI is probably better than ISU so I would expect the hawks to win but compared to the first 10 years of this renewed series this game has become more of a bore.

I could hardly go into the stadium in 2012 to watch this game as I knew it would be a yawner and it was. I was sort of excited last year with a lot of unknown quantities on both sides. But since last years game ISU went into the dumpster, Iowa had a decent revival, yet Iowa played avg the first two games and ISU is 0-2.

I am saying it again, I want my $60 for a ticket (120 for my two) to watch competition like NC STate, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Duke, Missou, so time to dump the ISU series

The Clowns are improving we went backwards. That's a bad Omen.

Decent defense? I saw a dominating game from our D yesterday. ISU won't score 10 points against us.

You are aware that they set the schedule before you purchased your tickets, correct? None of those schools were on Iowa's schedule, and Iowa State was. I guess I have to ask why you chose to buy tickets.

You are aware that they set the schedule before you purchased your tickets, correct? None of those schools were on Iowa's schedule, and Iowa State was. I guess I have to ask why you chose to buy tickets.

Duh, because I have been buying season tickets for over 40 years.

You completely whiffed on what I posted.

I watched both games and ISU was running the ball and passing well. Being in a divided house hold I told my wife in the end ISU will choke and they did. She asked me how I knew and I said its there tradition. I am hoping this free tuition deal for all big 10 teams will suck in better players.

Neither school has any interest in ending this series so, despite the various complaints from fans of both sides, it will continue.

I watched both games and ISU was running the ball and passing well. Being in a divided house hold I told my wife in the end ISU will choke and they did. She asked me how I knew and I said its there tradition. I am hoping this free tuition deal for all big 10 teams will suck in better players.

Its also their tradition to play the best against us. Let's hope this Saturday is an exception.

I am bumping this thread not to pat myself on the back but just to say how predictable the hawks are now and have been since 2009 or 1010. ISU was shooting linebackers into our first motion and covering tight because we rarely do a double move or throw it long any way.

This played out almost exactly as I saw except for the loss. Iowa gave up a few more points because the hawk offense couldnt control the LOS and grind out a few more scores.

That is why I cant justify spending $60 a ticket not counting donations and gas to see the replay for the fifth time.

Latest posts