Herby just said Iowa wins HUGE today....Corso says Indiana by 1

The NERVE of that guy! I don't know if anyone else is noticing this but, I swear, ESPN and most of the national media are constantly taking pot-shots at the Hawks. It varies from veiled condescension to blatant, derrogatory lies in nearly every single broadcast!

Can't speak for everyone but I'm sure Hawkeye Nation is getting just a little bit tired of the relentless bias toward Iowa football's success this season. If you watched, you'd be outraged at their libelous slander!
(Say, aren't there some lawyers that frequent teh board! If I knew how, I'd link some of their broadcasts for your review. I'm sure one of you could fire off an e-mail or, more effective, actual letter on your letterhead with some threatening legal jargon to "cease and desist"! I bet that'd get their attention and, hopefully, stem the tide of negativity that is casting a harmful perception to the playoff selection committee. There's a lot of money, not to mention, respect and prestige, at stake, here, and damages could be committed, here.)

Sorry for the terse words but, dangit, this is getting real old, real fast and someone needs to say something about it, rather than just dismiss it!

The thing you have to remember about the media is they survive by saying the things people want to hear. If you are conservative, you listen to conservative radio. Progressives listen to NPR or MSM. Those in the media know they have to say what people want to hear or would say themselves in their own conversations. People love to have agreement on their opinions and will listen to that stuff all day long. Population centers like the east coast and the south have fans who would say and would want to say the things ESPN says about Iowa. It's what they want to hear. ESPN says it for those reasons and also most of them hang out with people that think those same thoughts. It's part echo chamber and part playing to your audience.

Let it roll off. We are a low population state. If you think national sports stations are going to cater to us or promote our story you're out of your mind. Revel in the fact that we are undefeated in a year no one expected it an enjoy.

You can't take anything seriously anyone on ESPN says. It is all carefully planned, they aren't real opinions just empty suits with the mother ship's hand up their butt making their mouth move.

What if Jon is getting into a twitter battle just to generate hits on this website? That would be a pretty good idea. After all, the entertainment media doesn't get paid for being right. They get paid for getting watched - or viewed. Herbie and the boys laugh every time fans get their underwear in a twist. Proves they're being watched.

Latest posts