Herby just said Iowa wins HUGE today....Corso says Indiana by 1

If we are for real...we will win. I have zero doubt that we will win. Only way to shut them up is to force them to. "We're gonna blitz all night. I dont want to see them make another yard. Make sure they remember the night they played the HAWKEYES."

It sounded to me, that he was mocking Iowa fans... Since we are all complaining about being below certain teams.

He just poked fun at Iowa again. "Picking against that mighty Iowa team!?" (chuckle chuckle)

That said, they all picked the Hawks.

I now agree....Herby is mocking us....just called us "mighty Iowa" in a sarcastic tone. Geez, the hate is big time on that station.

Corso is losing it....now he just picked Iowa to win by a point.

I honestly don't understand why Herby is acting like that. What has Iowa ever done to him? Usually you need a reason to openly troll a team.

I now agree....Herby is mocking us....just called us "mighty Iowa" in a sarcastic tone. Geez, the hate is big time on that station.

Corso is losing it....now he just picked Iowa to win by a point.
I actually think Herbstreit (being an OSU fan) is threatened by Iowa. He's worried that we could beat his buckeyes in Indy.

I stopped watching much of espn sports talk shows etc along time ago, 5-10 years ago, as they have such an agenda.

And also because they started making up stories as in "Will Peyton Manning be able to .....? or "Will Kobe and so and so get along this year?

Just stupid stuff instead of talking true sports.

I stopped watching much of espn sports talk shows etc along time ago, 5-10 years ago, as they have such an agenda.

And also because they started making up stories as in "Will Peyton Manning be able to .....? or "Will Kobe and so and so get along this year?

Just stupid stuff instead of talking true sports.

Same here. The only time I watch that Network is when the Hawks or Cubs are on. I liked ESPN in the early days but they went downhill as soon as ABC bought them out.

Seriously hoping the B1G jumps to another network next year. They need to do a deal like the Master golf tournament. They have a one year contract with CBS to keep them honest. You don't treat us right we go somewhere else.

What doesn't make sense is iowa plays at 230 ON ESPN....what sense does it make to rip on your feature afternoon team? I don't get it

Herby has been very kind to the Hawks in the past. There were at least a couple years that he liked Iowa as a darkhorse National Title team. Iowa then proceeded to have 5-loss seasons, so maybe he's just frustrated at how difficult Iowa is to assess.

Direct your ire at Cowherd or someone like that; Herby's good people.

Herby has been very kind to the Hawks in the past. There were at least a couple years that he liked Iowa as a darkhorse National Title team. Iowa then proceeded to have 5-loss seasons, so maybe he's just frustrated at how difficult Iowa is to assess.

Direct your ire at Cowherd or someone like that; Herby's good people.

Good people my a$$! He's just another a$$hat like the rest of them! Wish all of BIG Nation would stop watching espn. I don't watch any of their crap unless the Hawks are on. Time to shut them up Hawks and run the table.

The thing you have to remember about the media is they survive by saying the things people want to hear. If you are conservative, you listen to conservative radio. Progressives listen to NPR or MSM. Those in the media know they have to say what people want to hear or would say themselves in their own conversations. People love to have agreement on their opinions and will listen to that stuff all day long. Population centers like the east coast and the south have fans who would say and would want to say the things ESPN says about Iowa. It's what they want to hear. ESPN says it for those reasons and also most of them hang out with people that think those same thoughts. It's part echo chamber and part playing to your audience.

Let it roll off. We are a low population state. If you think national sports stations are going to cater to us or promote our story you're out of your mind. Revel in the fact that we are undefeated in a year no one expected it an enjoy.

Latest posts