Herbstreit's stupid comments this morning about the BIG

No, you are missing my point. Herbie and BK would look at this game and say "gee, the BIG's D really sucks this year. These are the two best teams?" In contrast, if these were SEC teams they would be falling all over themselves about how great the offenses are. If this was a 3-3 game it would be boring with no offensive fire power. In contrast if it was a 3-3 SEC game it would be 2 NFL type defenses slugging it out. See my point?

I do, EP.
Lamestream media bias.

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21+. Herbstreit is right.

Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.

obvious-troll.jpg

Awesome BIG title game. Kiss my a$$ Herbie. Won on a prayer 4th and forever, just like the first one was won on a prayer. Great game, nothing like an SEC battle of course, a very very distant second.

Awesome BIG title game. Kiss my a$$ Herbie. Won on a prayer 4th and forever, just like the first one was won on a prayer. Great game, nothing like an SEC battle of course, a very very distant second.

well, the big 9 (formerly big 12) is also waaaaaaay better than any B1G team or game.
I mean, Texas. For pete's sake, TEXAS.
Nothing is better. Except maybe knowtra dahm. But only when the raping killing Irish were coached by teh wholtz.

Wisconsin could play with LSU and Bama but only because of Russell Wilson. And I'm only gonna say they could play with them, not beat them. Alabama's offense isn't pretty but it isn't exactly poor either and their defense is great. Same with LSU. I would really love to see the SEC get knocked off their horse or at least staggered a little in this bowl season, but until that happens it's hard to argue they aren't the best. If I were to rank the top 10 of the Big 10 and SEC combined here is where I'd rank them as of today. 1)LSU, 2)Alabama, 3)Wisconsin, 4)Arkansas, 5)Mich State, 6)S.Carolina (with Lattimore), 7)Michigan, 8)Ohio State (2nd half of the season version), 9)Georgia, 10)Nebraska
So the split is 5-5 but the SEC has the top 2 and four of the top 6 which is what makes them a better conference. No need to compare the bottom 3-4 garbage teams of each conference to each other.

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21 . Herbstreit is right.Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.
Georgias division of the Sec is a joke tho so don't exaggerate.

I think Georgia and Arkansas are also better than every team in the B1G.

Thanks for proving you have no idea about college football this season. PSU played Bama much tougher than Arkansas just for starters...and Wisky just rolled this **** out of PSU last week.

The transitive property does not work at all in sports. Not to mention the fact that 8 of PSU's points came on a garbage time TD/2-point conversion. It was 27-3 with 2 minutes to go, IN Happy Valley. Alabama dominated that game from start to finish.

Not exactly. PSU was very much in the game until two fumbles in Bama territory that stopped potential scoring drives and turned momentum...

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21+. Herbstreit is right.

Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.

We don't know that. Not at all. And without a playoff, we'll never know.

Georgetown/Villanova
Colts/Jets
Owings/Gable
Gardner/Karelin
Appy state/Michigan

I could go on.

History is fraught with "locks" which turned out to be not the case.

I think you have a very good point here. Even though it makes a lot of sense to play up north here to even things out, it will never happen because they don't want weather to be a factor in bowl games not to mention attendance.

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21 . Herbstreit is right.Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.
I get so tired of this garbage. What is constantly overlooked is the fact that B1G teams have to build their roster to deal with weather. SEC teams essentially play in the same weather the entire season (okay maybe it gets a few degrees cooler, but when's the last SEC game played in snow or sleet?) and then they get to bowl games played where? In the south, in the same weather. Bring some of those teams up north in the cold and rain and maybe snow and let's line it up. Look at the NFL: Even number of home and road games, played in all types of environs, including indoors and out, warm and cold, snow, rain, mud, field turf. You have to build versatility into your team. It truly pi$$es me off.

Latest posts