Herbstreit

gohawqs

Kirk just made the case that Iowa is still in the national championship picture on Mike and Mike.

Just said that if they run the table they will have just as good of an argument that they are the best team in the country as any other one loss team because they only had one bad half on the road during the second week of the season. I think as long as we have the national talking heads saying things like this it will keep us in the picture.

Thanks.

I know I'm too lazy to do it but I wish there was a website or something that would show who we need to root for each week i.e. 'Bama's first non conference opponent losing to whoever to weaken their SOS.

I think I recall someone posting a website that broke that down for each team....a few weeks ago I thought. Anyone remember it's name?

if we run the table the computers will have us at 4. There is a good bet the media by that time will have us higher as many that are ahead of us are going to have a loss as they play each other given the likely scenario of having a bunch of 1 loss teams except BSU and TCU/Utah. Their problem is their computer rankings will continue to decline and they will not get the media love or rankings. if Iowa runs the table I expect by the end of the season Bama comes out of the SEC and back at #1.

Thanks.

I know I'm too lazy to do it but I wish there was a website or something that would show who we need to root for each week i.e. 'Bama's first non conference opponent losing to whoever to weaken their SOS.

There is just that site: :)
Game Day Guide - Preferred Matchup Winners For Iowa

One thing Iowa has going for it is its schedule. We play THREE marque games yet this season that will have the voters attention.

if we run the table the computers will have us at 4. There is a good bet the media by that time will have us higher as many that are ahead of us are going to have a loss as they play each other given the likely scenario of having a bunch of 1 loss teams except BSU and TCU/Utah. Their problem is their computer rankings will continue to decline and they will not get the media love or rankings. if Iowa runs the table I expect by the end of the season Bama comes out of the SEC and back at #1.

There's six games left, a ton of things can happen between then and now. There's no way you can say what we will be ranked in any poll at that point.

There's six games left, a ton of things can happen between then and now. There's no way you can say what we will be ranked in any poll at that point.

I'd say until we beat Wisconsin this week, then MSU the next week we can't even think about this stuff. And NW could beat us in Evanston. One week at a time folks. Don't get caught up in the media hype.

He said the same thing on ESPN Sunday night during the BCS show. They were wanting him to defend why he has Iowa at #6 where everyone else had them around #11 to #17 and he said that one half of bad football at Arizona shouldn't be held against Iowa.

Then the ****** OSU homer Robert Smith got his shot in by saying "It won't matter when they go down to Michigan St in a couple of weeks anyway".

One thing Iowa has going for it is its schedule. We play THREE marque games yet this season that will have the voters attention.

Yes, Nobody else that is in contention will play 3 teams that are currently ranked ahead of them like Iowa will. Obviously that makes things tough, but allows Iowa the best chance to move up quickly from their spot. I think Alabama will beat Auburn and LSU, hopefully they can then lose in the SEC title game. Hopefully Mizzou can upset OK this week, because I don't see them losing after that.

I have a feeling that this season is going to end with 2 undefeated non-AQ (Boise and TCU/Utah) and a bunch of 1-2 loss BCS teams and then things will get really interesting. I can definitely see Iowa being right in the mix if they beat 3 top-ten teams starting this week with #10 (AP).

Another 'Bama loss would be great for any chance we might have.

I'd say until we beat Wisconsin this week, then MSU the next week we can't even think about this stuff. And NW could beat us in Evanston. One week at a time folks. Don't get caught up in the media hype.

I so agree with you. The remaining schedule is loaded with landmines. I wouldn't consider any of them guaranteed wins...well, maybe Minnesota. Let's worry about WISCONSIN.

Yes, Nobody else that is in contention will play 3 teams that are currently ranked ahead of them like Iowa will. Obviously that makes things tough, but allows Iowa the best chance to move up quickly from their spot. I think Alabama will beat Auburn and LSU, hopefully they can then lose in the SEC title game. Hopefully Mizzou can upset OK this week, because I don't see them losing after that.

I have a feeling that this season is going to end with 2 undefeated non-AQ (Boise and TCU/Utah) and a bunch of 1-2 loss BCS teams and then things will get really interesting. I can definitely see Iowa being right in the mix if they beat 3 top-ten teams starting this week with #10 (AP).

'Bama, or anyone else who comes out of the SEC West, is not going to lose in the SEC CG. The East is AWFUL. South Carolina is it, and I don't see 'Bama losing to the same team twice in one season. We need 'Bama to get beat by the loser of the Auburn/LSU game this week, but beat the winner. Preferrably LSU pulls the upset, because I like Auburn's chances of beating 'Bama much better.

If Mizzou pulls the upset, that'll be great. I don't think it happens, but it could. We also need K-State to lose to Baylor this week, IMO. Then if they turn around and upset Mizzou, that makes the loss look kind of ugly, and Nebraska is back in the driver's seat in the North (I also think Nebraska will beat OU).

Oregon and Stanford both have pretty tough schedules the rest of the way, but I don't think Oregon loses without suffering a key injury or two heading into a big game.

Boise won't make it, even if they rise to the top 2 in the human polls. Their schedule is going to kill them in the computers. TCU/Utah might actually be able to get in just because the MWC is tougher.

I so agree with you. The remaining schedule is loaded with landmines. I wouldn't consider any of them guaranteed wins...well, maybe Minnesota. Let's worry about WISCONSIN.

If you are a player or a coach, this is the mentality that you have to have (and I am sure that they do). As fans, it is our job to dream and think of every possible scenario that makes us feel better. :)

We'll need to win out, win big, and have some luck with other teams ahead of us losing.

Then we may be in the running for the NCG.

He said the same thing on ESPN Sunday night during the BCS show. They were wanting him to defend why he has Iowa at #6 where everyone else had them around #11 to #17 and he said that one half of bad football at Arizona shouldn't be held against Iowa.

Then the ****** OSU homer Robert Smith got his shot in by saying "It won't matter when they go down to Michigan St in a couple of weeks anyway".

Which is hilarious because he had Iowa at #9! WTH??? Is he saying Iowa is going to be ranked in the top 10 with 2 losses?

Latest posts