Herbstreit Deletes Twitter account

First, let's say Paul Burmeister had Herbie's job and he started throwing Iowa under the bus the way Herbie has been talking about O$U. How do you think our base would treat him? I tend to think there would be a big segment that would be just as moronic as O$U's. Every single fan base has that "internet tough guy" segment now. So I think trying to call out O$U fans is a tad hypocritical.

Second, as has been mentioned, if Herbie can't handle the heat, maybe he needs to stay in his air conditioned trailer and stop making statements that don't have to do with analyzing football games. Don't make controversial statements if you don't have the balls to confidently stand by them.

Might be a bit of apples to oranges in comparing the amount of heat taken by Herbstreit vs others. He is associated with a program that has one of the largest followings in the country.

Does Mr. Herbstreit have a family? Gee, I wonder what kind of treatment they might receive from day to day. I would suggest the person that knows what's best for Mr. Herbstreit and his family is Mr. Herbstreit.

I enjoy his commentary and think he does a good job......hope this all works out for him and his family.

Herbie has one of the best jobs in the country. If ESPN gave me that job and told me I had to take shots at Iowa, I would tear the hawks a new one. Sounds like Herbie is being a b**ch

I wouldn't call him names, and he is one of my favorite commentators (my wife's fave;)) but yeah, fully support your sentiment about doing what the (sweet) job requires...

Latest posts