Help

I don't know what 'smh' means, but I'll just say the program needed to keep its momentum in either 2005 or 2010 to maintain its recruiting profile, if the wins keep coming the AD can maybe ask for MORE from the individuals who are donating.

I agree on the proximity to fertile recruiting, but the recruits come after our banner years. They don't after years where we become irrelevant due to repeated upset losses. This program has a much lower margin for error, but it should become easier if the team maintains it momentum in years with high expectations.

if you think that an AD can only get a guy to donate $5MM because of a winning season, I think you are missing the big picture.

Do you think Knight and Pickens donated the amount they did because their alma maters were perennial winners? They donated because they wanted to.

Regarding recruiting successes, I'd say that Iowa has landed very good classes their last two years despite how you might paint any one season. Take a look at the 2011 recruiting class - not too shabby.

I don't know what 'smh' means, but I'll just say the program needed to keep its momentum in either 2005 or 2010 to maintain its recruiting profile, if the wins keep coming the AD can maybe ask for MORE from the individuals who are donating.

I agree on the proximity to fertile recruiting, but the recruits come after our banner years. They don't after years where we become irrelevant due to repeated upset losses. This program has a much lower margin for error, but it should become easier if the team maintains it momentum in years with high expectations.

smh = shaking my head.

Someone tell me it's gonna be ok.

Cuz one of the biggest KF supporters (me) is having some doubts here.

The I Club doesn't help things either, except I know one of the largest donors is P I S S E D.

Why should we care about donors? Come one, we're all grown ups now aren't we?

I do have more respect for this year's players, as compared to last year's quitters, but I cannot take too much more of this.

Well.........bye.

1. Be careful of what you wish for because sometimes the end result sucks in terms of getting what you want but its not exactly what you thought it would bring.

2. This doesn't apply to everyone and there are smart Hawkeye fans who know the game and know what they have in front of them and then there are d#%&*@#bag nervous ninnies, if I spelled that right, who begin a thread with the title "Help." Don't worry 'Golfer', just be thankful we aren't the Penn State football program right now.

Why did I respond to this:)?

I'm not sure name calling is appropriate.

This year Iowa will limp into a bowl game. Next year will be worse. The next year they will struggle at the beginning of the year, playing ultra conservative with a new QB, then have a feel good win against a ranked opponent late. Then the ball will roll in JR's junior and senior season, when he will be compared to Long, Stanzi, Rodgers, etc. Then when he graduates, Iowa will be ranked in preseason polls coming off a nice 3 year cycle and once again fail to live up to expectations.

Did that help?

Please, go and spread the truth, my brother! :)

Clownies just love the fact that an iowa grad is their single largest athletic donor!!!!

That's terribly interesting to hear sir.
Can ya show your proof about it?
I too would like to inform some select clone fans about it.
:)

Latest posts