Help

Golfer

Someone tell me it's gonna be ok.

Cuz one of the biggest KF supporters (me) is having some doubts here.

The I Club doesn't help things either, except I know one of the largest donors is P I S S E D.

Why should we care about donors? Come one, we're all grown ups now aren't we?

I do have more respect for this year's players, as compared to last year's quitters, but I cannot take too much more of this.

Reel back your expectations a little bit. Don't you know that you should be satisfied with where we're at currently? Do you remember the days before Hayden came along!?!

I mean, we are just "little ole Iowa".

Reel back your expectations a little bit. Don't you know that you should be satisfied with where we're at currently? Do you remember the days before Hayden came along!?!

I mean, we are just "little ole Iowa".

You're right. Unfortunately. And I know it to a fact, having sat in sally mason't box during two games.

We need to get over being little ole Iowa.

I know. I'm disappointed too.

I mean, KF hasn't followed thru on the rich history of Iowa and national titles, Iowa and conference titles, Iowa and Rose Bowl victories.

Let's run this guy and take things to the 'next level'......

Someone tell me it's gonna be ok.

Cuz one of the biggest KF supporters (me) is having some doubts here.

The I Club doesn't help things either, except I know one of the largest donors is P I S S E D.

Why should we care about donors? Come one, we're all grown ups now aren't we?

I do have more respect for this year's players, as compared to last year's quitters, but I cannot take too much more of this.

Iowa will win the NC next year relax....

I know. I'm disappointed too.

I mean, KF hasn't followed thru on the rich history of Iowa and national titles, Iowa and conference titles, Iowa and Rose Bowl victories.

Let's run this guy and take things to the 'next level'......

Oregon hardly has a history laden with such things, but they've pulled it off. We don't have one Phil Knight, but if 2010 had followed 2009 with another BCS appearance (as it could have with the talent), the UI Athletic Dept. would have had no trouble getting even more donations to improve the facilities and stockpile more resources. Not saying it's easy, but no fate must be accepted.

It appears that it is a fact that Ferentz is losing support among fans, media and donors. If he doesn't change the downward trend of his program, he well could see himself on the way out of Iowa City. His buyout is not much more expensive than his annual salary.

I know. I'm disappointed too.I mean, KF hasn't followed thru on the rich history of Iowa and national titles, Iowa and conference titles, Iowa and Rose Bowl victories.Let's run this guy and take things to the 'next level'......
Oregon hardly has a history laden with such things, but they've pulled it off. We don't have one Phil Knight, but if 2010 had followed 2009 with another BCS appearance (as it could have with the talent), the UI Athletic Dept. would have had no trouble getting even more donations to improve the facilities and stockpile more resources. Not saying it's easy, but no fate must be accepted.

I'm calling BS on this. Iowa is a pretty small state, and it takes a lot of relatively wealthy farmers to approach Phil Knight level.

I know. I'm disappointed too.I mean, KF hasn't followed thru on the rich history of Iowa and national titles, Iowa and conference titles, Iowa and Rose Bowl victories.Let's run this guy and take things to the 'next level'......

I'm calling BS on this. Iowa is a pretty small state, and it takes a lot of relatively wealthy farmers to approach Phil Knight level.

I said donations would increase, I didn't say we could match Oregon dollar-for-dollar. I don't think Oregon needs every last penny to win. They would have still been in the title game last year with four different uniforms instead of twelve.

Every time the Hawks get that kind of momentum which would justify extra donations, they start playing scared and give away games.

It appears that it is a fact that Ferentz is losing support among fans, media and donors. If he doesn't change the downward trend of his program, he well could see himself on the way out of Iowa City. His buyout is not much more expensive than his annual salary.

A handful of nut balls on this site is hardly an accurate cross section of fans. F'k the media, and what donors would those be? You are taking the OP's word that "I know one of the largest donors is P I S S E D" as a fact? :rolleyes:

you don't think OK. ST.'s similar rise is coincidental? you don't think a quarter billion from one guy can make a difference?

You don't think the $$$ these single investor's make in a school can put you on the map? we're talking $330MM from one investor i.e. phil knight to OSU. $100 MM from him to Stanford.

and, not to state the obvious, but i'm guessing OSU and Oregon aren't turning away other donors contributions. the money above represents SINGLE DONORS.

and you think one more bcs year would put us over the top? really? time to adjust the kool aid mix.....

do you have any idea how much money Iowa's largest single donor has contributed? It's $5MM by 5 different donors. Jacobsen, Gerdin, Krause, Rastetter and Howard. My apologies if I've left anyone out. Put that into perspective when comparing our program to oregon and historical perspective of winning.

Iowa State's largest one-time donor is $5MM and that is from an Iowa grad (Jacobsen), to provide perspective.

If you don't understand Iowa's challenge in recruiting, I don't know what to say. It's why Evy left as a coach, even way back then. My uncle played for him on one of his last teams.

regarding accepting fate. sometimes you take for granted what you have, in wanting more. do i wish iowa had rose bowl seasons every year? of course. but then anything else would be blase to iowa fan as well. i.e. look at what michigan fan thinks of the outback bowl.

my father sat thru one season in the 70s when iowa didn't score a single point in any home game.

KF has won the only BCS game iowa has won in my lifetime. You have to go all the way back to the 50s with Evy for the previous win.

What KF has done here has built on the winning tradition that Fry created, and that is saying something.

I said donations would increase, I didn't say we could match Oregon dollar-for-dollar. I don't think Oregon needs every last penny to win. They would have still been in the title game last year with four different uniforms instead of twelve.

Every time the Hawks get that kind of momentum which would justify extra donations, they start playing scared and give away games.

you are brutal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgf4zq0bi_w&feature=player_embedded]"Everything is gonna be alright" wedding singer scene - YouTube[/ame]

If you think the Nike connection, and the 37 uniforms do not play a HUGE roll in why they are getting such great recruits then you are nuts. Even their coach disagrees with you.

If you think the Nike connection, and the 37 uniforms do not play a HUGE roll in why they are getting such great recruits then you are nuts. Even their coach disagrees with you.

Where did I say that? I said that we could have gotten closer to them in resources with another BCS game last year, while emphasizing that we don't need EVERY DOLLAR that they have to be a more enticing program. They would be contending with 30 uniforms (figuratively based on your '37' number).

So you don't think the AD has more juice to raise money if we go to another BCS game in 2010?

those 5 guys that i reference - they all donated prior to 2009.

do you think guys with that kind of jack do it based on an orange bowl win?

or are you talking about people buying seatbacks and $50 seat licensing fees??

did you look at the amount of money i referenced re Oregon? $330MM !!!! come on! wake up! and these two schools are located in areas that are significantly better suited geographically to recruit than Iowa. Oregon is sitting one state away from the state that puts out more college football players than any other (CA), and you can say basically the same thing as OSU (TX).

and you are saying iowa failed because of a disappointing 2010 campaign? smh

I don't know what 'smh' means, but I'll just say the program needed to keep its momentum in either 2005 or 2010 to maintain its recruiting profile, if the wins keep coming the AD can maybe ask for MORE from the individuals who are donating.

I agree on the proximity to fertile recruiting, but the recruits come after our banner years. They don't after years where we become irrelevant due to repeated upset losses. This program has a much lower margin for error, but it should become easier if the team maintains it momentum in years with high expectations.

1. Be careful of what you wish for because sometimes the end result sucks in terms of getting what you want but its not exactly what you thought it would bring.

2. This doesn't apply to everyone and there are smart Hawkeye fans who know the game and know what they have in front of them and then there are d#%&*@#bag nervous ninnies, if I spelled that right, who begin a thread with the title "Help." Don't worry 'Golfer', just be thankful we aren't the Penn State football program right now.

Why did I respond to this:)?

Latest posts