Help us, Jon...

All this is starting to get nuts. I thought they were interviewing candidates tomorrow as well. Why would they make an offer if they aren't done interviewing? Remember the whole Stoops fiasco.

I had a dream 2 nights ago that keith Murphy called me to get my reaction to Iowa hiring Mike Davis.... :O ... this whole thing is getting to me.

I haven't had one person call me as if 3:40. Not that it's a guarantee I'll get a call, but my phone has been blowing up every day since last Monday and today has been the most quiet of any day

I think lots of folks have moved on to the UNI story.... Iowa BB is so bad the apathy has carried over to the coach search ;)

I haven't had one person call me as if 3:40. Not that it's a guarantee I'll get a call, but my phone has been blowing up every day since last Monday and today has been the most quiet of any day

I just called a guy that has been good to me over the years and he has not heard that anyone has been hired. He had heard someone is getting an interview on Thirsday but could not be certain so I am not gonna start that fire. I think Hewitt is one of the guys Barta and Mims are talking with if they are indeed in Atlanta

I just called a guy that has been good to me over the years and he has not heard that anyone has been hired. He had heard someone is getting an interview on Thirsday but could not be certain so I am not gonna start that fire. I think Hewitt is one of the guys Barta and Mims are talking with if they are indeed in Atlanta

I was afraid of that when I learned the interviews were taking place in Atlanta...Hewitt does less than nothing for me.

Personally, the more mid major names come up publically the better I will feel. Barta is simply going to be VERY under the radar with the actual hire and I do not think we will hear the name much from now until it is a done deal. I also feel it will be a name that many have dismissed for the most part.

I still believe Iowa will be paying 2 million plus/year and the name will be one that will get Hawkeye fans fired up. In the end i will be absolutely shocked if Jake, Gregory, Marshall, etc is the new Iowa coach. I mean SHOCKED.

Paul Hewitt- Interesting.

Georgia Tech 10 Years at Georgia Tech 2000 to 2010.
172-141 (Overall)/ 67-93 (ACC).
4 out of 10 Seasons Georgia Tech finished under .500 for the year(2002,2006,2008 and 2009)

6 out of 10 Seasons were he finished under .500 in Conference play.

1 Season in 10 that Georgia Tech finished better than.500 in ACC Conference Play. 9-7 (2004) under Paul Hewitt.

5 NCAA Tourny Bids.

Hardly impressive..

Last edited:
Jon-

I asked the Gazette guys in a chat today why Barta and Mims were down in Atlanta. Evidently that is the location of the search/consulting firm.

Go Hawks!

Paul Hewitt- Interesting.

Georgia Tech 10 Years at Georgia Tech 2000 to 2010.
172-141 (Overall)/ 67-93 (ACC).
4 out of 10 Seasons Georgia Tech finished under .500 for the year(2002,2006,2008 and 2009)

6 out of 10 Seasons were he finished under .500 in Conference play.

1 Season in 10 that Georgia Tech finished better than.500 in ACC Conference Play. 9-7 (2004) under Paul Hewitt.

5 NCAA Tourny Bids.

Hardly impressive..

Downright underwhelming.

jon,without sayin the possible interview on thursdays name, would said person be a good hire if it got to that point??

Latest posts