Heeeee's Back!

Rick Pitino has apparently been hired by the Iona Gaels, who immediately get the biggest name they've had since Jim Valvano coached there forty years ago

Whether they sold their soul or not is a different discussion and remains to be seen. And I guarantee people will see this story and confuse Iona with Iowa.

You beat me to it. Makes me want next year to be canceled too. Everything that's wrong about BB.

Jeebus, what a slime ball. If I were an Iona alum I'd be letting my voice be heard. But I ain't, so screw 'em.

Pitino-hos-before-pros.jpg

Rick Pitino has apparently been hired by the Iona Gaels, who immediately get the biggest name they've had since Jim Valvano coached there forty years ago

Whether they sold their soul or not is a different discussion and remains to be seen. And I guarantee people will see this story and confuse Iona with Iowa.
. Fabulous.
Do they play in same conference as Sienna?

Side note, You don’t know how many times I glanced at the Bottom Line and thought I saw Iowa and freaked out thinking I somehow missed that we were playing, only to find out it was Iona.

Iona actually has a decent basketball program for a low major so I don't understand why they are doing this. Tim Cluess has done an amazing job with 4 regular season conference championships and 5 conference tournament championships but he's had some health issues. They might be making a big mistake bringing in Slick Rick although it puts Iona on the basketball map.

He will get them to a elite 8, maybe even a final 4. The question becomes at what cost once he is gone.

Love how Iona announced his hiring on the dl. Even if the country wasn’t going through Coronavirus crisis they still would have announced the hiring on a Friday night.

He will get them to a elite 8, maybe even a final 4. The question becomes at what cost once he is gone.

Love how Iona announced his hiring on the dl. Even if the country wasn’t going through Coronavirus crisis they still would have announced the hiring on a Friday night.
I was thinking the same thing. Trying to slide him in through the back door, the perfect way to hire a shady slimeball.

Jesus NCAA, really? Could you f-ing ban the SOB. Iona, come on you didn't need to do this. The guys 67, why? Does he need the money of does he need the ego boost.

Jesus NCAA, really? Could you f-ing ban the SOB. Iona, come on you didn't need to do this. The guys 67, why? Does he need the money of does he need the ego boost.

A google search says his net worth is $45 million so I'd bet it's the ego that needs boosted.

My first two thoughts...

First---any publicity for Iowa is a good thing...unless it's attached to those confused who think we actually hired that turd.

Second thought I didn't realize Iona was none for their strippers.

2-3 years at Iona, get them to be a winning program then move on to a high profile position.

Americans believe in second chances. And third and fourth ones too evidentally.

2-3 years at Iona, get them to be a winning program then move on to a high profile position.

Americans believe in second chances. And third and fourth ones too evidentally.
He could move on to Syracuse when Boeheim finally retires. That was where he got his start as a grad assistant and might have been a full time assistant when Syracuse played Iowa in the 1980 NCAA'S.

Latest posts