Hearing that Higdon read this Forum and

was very surprised by the negativity of some posters.

Flipped............and maybe Steve Deace, the Michigan fan
had something..............

This signing day is a big enough disaster without you posting random stupid crap.

I'm trying to figure out who he his....(obviously a alt. playing a troll). Just don't know who yet, most likely a Duff or that Duff wanabies.

Good for him. He made the right decision. The negativity on this board is 100% warranted and a good indication of the state and direction of the program. I don't know how anyone can blame this kid. Blows my mind.

Good for him. He made the right decision. The negativity on this board is 100% warranted and a good indication of the state and direction of the program. I don't know how anyone can blame this kid. Blows my mind.

I don't follow recruiting blow by blow and this is why-- too much heartbreak. Similar scenario with Melvin Gordon, was a solid iowa commitment till a few days before signing day then flipped to Wisky.

If I were a talented running back from Florida, my go-to-guy for football advice would be Steve Deace.

Higdon handled his flip with a total lack of class. Flips his commit then goes radio silent to prevent Iowa from trying to pick up someone else late. We were led to believe he was a high character guy but his actions proved just the opposite. He can choose to go where he wants but the way we handled it leads me to believe we may have dodged a bullet. Time will tell.

if he is truly making decisions based on message board sentiment - there was an article (michigan based) i read yesterday on higdon being down to Michigan/Iowa. The entire article based on him. In the comments no one mentions Hidgon - just who else were they going to get today - other than on guy stating 'higdon' isn't a 4*, he is a 3* and will be buried in the depth chart when harbaugh gets his real recruits in a year or two.........our best recruit, and not even worthy to them.

I don't buy it. Things have been negative on these boards for years.

Even if Higdon had never read these boards before now, I highly doubt that the negativity had much, if any, impact on his decision.

I'd say it's more likely it had everything to do with Jim Harbaugh and the opportunity to play for him at Michigan, the school with the most wins in D1 history.

These are the reasons ISU got Troy Davis. Deace and the fact that he couldn't read the message boards.

I knew all you negative posters were a problem. If we were all more positive we could be a great asset to this program in many ways.

I knew all you negative posters were a problem. If we were all more positive we could be a great asset to this program in many ways.

If we were all as positive as you, we might have the number 1 recruiting class and KF could go back to fundraising. ;)

You mean, like tweeting/fb-ing fellow recruits/future teammates and saying he will see them at the spring game? Reaffirming his "110%" commitment?

You sound like a high-character guy.

I don't buy it. Things have been negative on these boards for years.

Even if Higdon had never read these boards before now, I highly doubt that the negativity had much, if any, impact on his decision.

I'd say it's more likely it had everything to do with Jim Harbaugh and the opportunity to play for him at Michigan, the school with the most wins in D1 history.

Damn you!

Don't you be trying to muddle up this board with some of that common-sense type talk.

Higdon handled his flip with a total lack of class. Flips his commit then goes radio silent to prevent Iowa from trying to pick up someone else late. We were led to believe he was a high character guy but his actions proved just the opposite. He can choose to go where he wants but the way we handled it leads me to believe we may have dodged a bullet. Time will tell.

I don't believe in Karma but if there's any justice in the world, Higdon will be a bust and Eric Graham will be a star. Never was a big fan of Harbaugh but even less so now.

You mean, like tweeting/fb-ing fellow recruits/future teammates and saying he will see them at the spring game? Reaffirming his "110%" commitment?

You sound like a high-character guy.

Who cares? He had the opportunity to get rescued from a potential (if not probable) dumpster fire by hitching his wagon to Harbaugh and getting in on what could be the ground floor of rebuilding one of the greatest American sports brands of all time.

I will swear to everyone at my job from the janitor to the CEO that I am "110% committed", but if someone comes along tomorrow offering me a 20% raise plus stock options, that commitment % drops to zero as fast as I can say " 2 weeks notice". It's no different - it's the free market in action in both scenarios (the best talent going to the places with the highest perceived potential reward).

Who cares? He had the opportunity to get rescued from a potential (if not probable) dumpster fire by hitching his wagon to Harbaugh and getting in on what could be the ground floor of rebuilding one of the greatest American sports brands of all time.

I will swear to everyone at my job from the janitor to the CEO that I am "110% committed", but if someone comes along tomorrow offering me a 20% raise plus stock options, that commitment % drops to zero as fast as I can say " 2 weeks notice". It's no different - it's the free market in action in both scenarios (the best talent going to the places with the highest perceived potential reward).

Iowa didn't get a two weeks notice.

Latest posts