"He runs like a gazelle and leaps like a leopard"

glidinghawk

Mikey G. is ballin'

I really like his aggressiveness, leadership, and management of the team. 9 assists, 3 turnovers, 4 of 5 shooting today.

Last edited:
Ever since he hyper extended his elbow, he's been playing outa his mind. I love it! Go Mikey!

Mike G got into the lane a lot and fed his teammates, he didnt have to shoot a lot of jumpers as the hawks were getting into the paint.

It's about Da** time Mike Gesell gets some love from Hawkeye fans.

Earlier, this season, we had the 'experts' saying that guards were Iowa's problem.

I scoffed at that. Mike Gesell, who was just named Academic All District, along with
Uthoff, is making those experts wish they had studied a bit harder.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!

Earlier, this season, we had the 'experts' saying that guards were Iowa's problem.

I scoffed at that. Mike Gesell, who was just named Academic All District, along with

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!

Earlier this season, the guards were the problem. Now that they are playing MUCH better, they are the solution.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!

Scoff all you want but earlier in the year the Guard play was a real BIG Problem.. No way around that it's FACT..

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!

When people were saying that, our entire roster of guards were scoring less total points than Jok scored today.

Earlier this season, the guards were the problem. Now that they are playing MUCH better, they are the solution.

they are playing better, specifically gesell and jok. We are a different team if jok and gesell can hit some shots

Most of the criticism with Gasell has been his shooting.
For a point guard, his 3 point and his free throw shooting are below average for what you expect out of your point guard.

Since halftime against Purdue, no complaints from me.

Most of the criticism with Gasell has been his shooting.
For a point guard, his 3 point and his free throw shooting are below average for what you expect out of your point guard.

Since halftime against Purdue, no complaints from me.

I didn't have a problem with his shooting (is about a 31% shooter 3pt shooter). My problem was he wasn't a threat to get to the lane and score. Since he couldn't do that, he also couldn't drive and dish. That has all changed over the last month, he is getting into the lane and scoring/dishing, and look at how much better our offense is when we have a PG who can do that. It has made a world of difference.

Ever since he hyper extended his elbow, he's been playing outa his mind. I love it! Go Mikey!

That injury has more or less forced him to play to his strengths, which don't include 3-point shooting. He's a lot more athletic than he often gets credit for, and his pull-up game has always been money. Now he's using that athleticism to both get to the rim and finish, as well as penetrate and dish. And with the increased respect for his penetration ability, his pull-up jumper becomes even more effective. This is the player we were all hoping we'd have seen earlier in his career. But better late than never, I suppose.