He pulls no punches re Barta

He should have been shown the door 6.5 million dollars ago.

As for the argument that he's a whiz at bringing in money, give me a mfkn break. Iowa has rabid fans and dedicated wealthy dumbass boosters more than willing to part with significant piles of money to get access to twentysomething young men.

I mean it's like selling Ferraris. They sell themselves. All the salesdouche has to do is stay out of his own way.

As for the argument that he's a whiz at bringing in money, give me a mfkn break. Iowa has rabid fans and dedicated wealthy dumbass boosters more than willing to part with significant piles of money to get access to twentysomething young men.

I mean it's like selling Ferraris. They sell themselves. All the salesdouche has to do is stay out of his own way.

Let's not forget the automatic $40 million in shared revenue from the B1G every year. If you can't raise money in this conference you shouldn't have a job.

I agree with you and all but Barta does look like a cheesy used car saleman.

I don't mean any disrespect to used car salesman....lol

Selling Ferraris might be hard. Think of all those duffle bags of cash you would have to count.

Also raising money at Iowa is not a major accomplishment. However a few years ago it was kicked around that Barta on a yearly average was raising 3.5 million more a year than Bowlsby. That's big cheddar. It is easy to see why the board would keep around a stooge that earns like that.

The increasing media blitz on Barta is going to start making some of the regents uncomfortable. Barta will be gone as soon as his fundraising numbers tank. This might just be the percipitus to start that. We will see over the next year how the real money feels about Barta still. If checks stop getting cut then the cutting will finally reach Barta.

Last edited:

Looks like somebody has unconscious bias towards Lamborghinis.

maybe it's just me. the article actually implies the decision to suspend doph is correct, but the writer doesn't like not getting an explanation why. then he uses actual wrong actions/decisions by barta and adds dolph's suspension to them. it almost feels like the writer is using dolph's suspension as an excuse to rail on barta (not that the other items aren't enough) but the writer doesn't state suspending dolph is wrong.

Latest posts