Hay is in the barn

Mitchythekid

A great memory of mine is Nick Bell running over Illinois defenders during the 1990 game in Champaign. Hayden fired the boys up before the game by saying "Hay is the barn and its time to go hunting!" We need some of that attitude against OU. palying with attitude and earning respect goes along way. Go Hawk!

Boy does that bring back memories. I remember a Nick Bell signature stiff arm posterizing an Illini Linebacker on a short pass.

That was also the game I believe where Hayden called a fake fg in the late first or early second quarter with a 3 TD lead ending all doubt and demoralizing Il.

Boy does that bring back memories. I remember a Nick Bell signature stiff arm posterizing an Illini Linebacker on a short pass.

That was also the game I believe where Hayden called a fake fg in the late first or early second quarter with a 3 TD lead ending all doubt and demoralizing Il.

That was a big game. And the Hawks and Mr. Bell dominated. I believe they had some studs on Defense...Hardy and the other LB (name escapes me)? Never heard their name that day.

That was my one and only trip to Champaign for a game. I recall the Illness was ranked #5 and we just rolled them. Good times!

I smuggled a TV into the store and hid it under my register with the sound off for that game. Could not get time off to watch a game on TV

Yes illinois was 5 and the Hawks were somwhere around 15 in the nation...I drove down from IC with a buddy. Lived on halloween candy and beer that weekend. I believe the hokie pokie broke out in the endzone. Go Hawks!

Latest posts