Hawks Win Big Ten & No Rose Bowl?

inheaventhereisnobeer

Could the Hawks actually win the Big Ten and not go to the Rose Bowl? What is this about Non Automatic Qualifiers & the Big Ten this year? Obviously, a Big Ten Champion could pass by the Rose if they played in the National Championship, but that's not happening for Hawks. So, what is this malarky about Big Ten maybe getting snubbed out of Rose? Help. thanks.

Could the Hawks actually win the Big Ten and not go to the Rose Bowl? What is this about Non Automatic Qualifiers & the Big Ten this year? Obviously, a Big Ten Champion could pass by the Rose if they played in the National Championship, but that's not happening for Hawks. So, what is this malarky about Big Ten maybe getting snubbed out of Rose? Help. thanks.

Only if another B10 team goes to the NCG, but if the hawks are B10 champs, out right they will go to the Rose, because that means everyone in the B10 has a loss.

If BigTen champ goes to Nat'l Championship game, then Non-AQ goes to Rose.

Pretty much impossible for that to cause Iowa to miss out at this point if we win the Big Ten.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Rose is only obligated to take 1 AQ team this year. So if you had a BCS Champ game of MSU vs Oregon, then yes, Iowa could have one more loss and MAYBE make the Rose Bowl. Other than that, I don't think it is happening unless we win out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Rose is only obligated to take 1 AQ team this year. So if you had a BCS Champ game of MSU vs Oregon, then yes, Iowa could have one more loss and MAYBE make the Rose Bowl. Other than that, I don't think it is happening unless we win out.

You got it right. We could also still make the Rose Bowl if both BSU and TCU have a loss at the end of the year. The new rule only goes into effect if a non-AQ finishes in the top 8 of the BCS.

Latest posts