Hawks will finish 3rd in the BT and win the Tournament

CarfinoFan

I predict a third place finish for the Hawks during the regular season. Iowa will then run the table in the BT tourney beating Michigan in the final game.

And tell me who will make the game winning shot?
Not only who will make a game winning shot, but who can make a free throw to hold a lead? I usually spend more time on the wrestling board but this I know....until the Hawks can stop having scoring droughts and make more free throws, they will be lucky to finish 5th regular season not to mention even make it past 2nd round in big ten tourney. No excuse for losing to mich st tonight, make free throws we win the game

UI schedule isn't that hard for the rest of the season and with any good team playing at Carver....yes, they tinkled that one away.

I predict a third place finish for the Hawks during the regular season. Iowa will then run the table in the BT tourney beating Michigan in the final game.

I think we beat Michigan State in the final. I have Michigan and Iowa as the 2 and 3 seeds.

UI schedule isn't that hard for the rest of the season and with any good team playing at Carver....yes, they tinkled that one away.
Not so fast tOSU just lost to Penn State in Columbus and NU is giving Wisky a heck of a game at home. There are no cupcakes and Iowa can't afford many more losses.

Iowa may finish third by default. This conference looks weaker than advertised.

This. I'm honestly not sure that Minnesota isn't the fourth-best team. And if the B1G were as good as everyone's been led to believe, there's no way that would be possible.

This. I'm honestly not sure that Minnesota isn't the fourth-best team. And if the B1G were as good as everyone's been led to believe, there's no way that would be possible.
Heck Minny lost to Nebraska a lot of ugly losses on some B1G schools résumés.

My non researched position is the the Big 12 is the best conference. We're second, no shame in that but you really expected more from this conference. I mean, our top two teams lost to Charlotte and a crappy North Carolina team and the third best didn't really beat anyone who mattered in the non-conference, didn't lost to anyone bad either but still.

My non researched position is the the Big 12 is the best conference. We're second, no shame in that but you really expected more from this conference. I mean, our top two teams lost to Charlotte and a crappy North Carolina team and the third best didn't really beat anyone who mattered in the non-conference, didn't lost to anyone bad either but still.

Big XII had a case when they had 3 top 10 teams and none of them were Kansas, but they made a mess of that in a hurry. Two of those three have faded and the other one has collapsed in epic fashion.

Big XII had a case when they had 3 top 10 teams and none of them were Kansas, but they made a mess of that in a hurry. Two of those three have faded and the other one has collapsed in epic fashion.

They've still got Kansas, OK State, OU, K State, and ISU. Texas is also a lot better than anyone expected. The Big 12 is pretty strong, and the B1G really isn't that tough after the top couple teams.

They've still got Kansas, OK State, OU, K State, and ISU. Texas is also a lot better than anyone expected. The Big 12 is pretty strong, and the B1G really isn't that tough after the top couple teams.

I disagree. The top 2 teams in the B1G are playing without two of their best players. I'd put the B1G top 6 at full strength (Mich, MSU, Iowa, Minny, Wisky, OSU) up against the Big 12 top 6 (Kansas, OSU, OU, KState, ISU and Texas) on a neutral court any day and have no doubt we'd go at least 3-3 against them. And the bottom of the B1G is MUCH better than the bottom of the Big 12.

Come March, the B1G will perform much better in the tourney than the Big 12 will. The B1G teams are much more well rounded, overall, than the Big 12 teams are.

I disagree. The top 2 teams in the B1G are playing without two of their best players. I'd put the B1G top 6 at full strength (Mich, MSU, Iowa, Minny, Wisky, OSU) up against the Big 12 top 6 (Kansas, OSU, OU, KState, ISU and Texas) on a neutral court any day and have no doubt we'd go at least 3-3 against them. And the bottom of the B1G is MUCH better than the bottom of the Big 12.

Come March, the B1G will perform much better in the tourney than the Big 12 will. The B1G teams are much more well rounded, overall, than the Big 12 teams are.

We'll see what happens in March, but I wouldn't confidently put OSU against anybody right now. I agree the bottom of the B1G is way better than the bottom of the XII or any other conference, maybe better than the middle of the SEC.

B10 had the most impressive non-conference, once again. B10 went 4-3 vs the B12 in the non-con. 5 of those were true home games for the B12 and the other 2 were neutral sites. We had 3 top 5 and currently 4 top 15 teams.

B10 has the best coaches top to bottom, toughest road environments top to bottom, and the best talent top to bottom.

Latest posts