Hawks v Redskins (Redhawks) will Iowa cover the 21 point spread?

seepig

I would love to hear score predictions for this coming weekend game against Miami OH!

It is really hard to bet on Kirk Ferentz teams because even if they are playing well you never know when KF will take his foot off the gas. That spread of 21 points is a lot. I dont know alot about Miami but a few years ago they were pretty bad iirc and they may be getting better. I say the hawks win but dont quite cover. If they have a good lead they may just sit on it and work on the running game.

Hawks were favored by a TD or more in 7 games last year. and they covered 5 of those (lost outright to NW, didn't cover vs. Nebraska.

upload_2019-8-24_16-0-7.png

Over the last 2 years (i.e. under current coaching staff), they have a 69% cover rate as a favorite (11-5-1; 4th best cover % in all of P5). That same trend persists if we go all of the way back to 2015 (the New Kirk era).

Don't let your pre-conceived notions of KF get in your way. Iowa has been one of the top covering teams in the nation lately, even big numbers. N. Illinois was a way better team last year than Miami this year, Iowa went in undermanned (Wirfs, AJ Jackson, and Lattimore suspended), Iowa played pretty lousy (especially first half), and they won by 26. Take Iowa to cover, bet everything you own, and you will thank me later.

p.s. - I will not be laying money on this game

Hawks were favored by a TD or more in 7 games last year. and they covered 5 of those (lost outright to NW, didn't cover vs. Nebraska.

View attachment 5515

Over the last 2 years (i.e. under current coaching staff), they have a 69% cover rate as a favorite (11-5-1; 4th best cover % in all of P5). That same trend persists if we go all of the way back to 2015 (the New Kirk era).

Don't let your pre-conceived notions of KF get in your way. Iowa has been one of the top covering teams in the nation lately, even big numbers. N. Illinois was a way better team last year than Miami this year, Iowa went in undermanned (Wirfs, AJ Jackson, and Lattimore suspended), Iowa played pretty lousy (especially first half), and they won by 26. Take Iowa to cover, bet everything you own, and you will thank me later.

p.s. - I will not be laying money on this game

Good thoughts. KF has lost so many games when they were favored but they have bucked that trend some the last few years. And personally I dont make bets and hardly even look at the spread.

I'm really looking forward to the freshmen trying to make a statement in these first four games that they deserve playing time, especially the running backs and defensive guys like Campbell and Logan Lee.

Hey Ben did ya read the title of the thread before commenting?
Why yes, yes I did and as I said W's baby don't care about spreads, wether they cover or don't cover. Now that that's said is there or isn't there something in the title concerning the spread, I mean you titled it didn't you? Funny being kind of called out about something on a post you created concerning the Hawks coverering the 21 point spread. Now your post describing predictions under the topic I predict a W for the Hawks! Have a wonderful evening!

Latest posts