Hawks to NIT

If Iowa beats Ohio State (big if, they are playing great) and then somehow beat IL in the BTT, Iowa is BACK in....but now 0 margin for error. My guess is they lose to Ohio State and they are a 1 or 2 seed in the NIT...which will be tricky with the Women hosting their 1st and 2nd round games as well.
Okay, I sometimes come on these threads, usually sit it out in the dugout. In Good you are the most realistic I have seen so far. Yes, they are NIT bound, O State will probably ease everyone's pain, if not then you know who is next, even if they pull something out their collective asses in the Big, very high seed and one and done, same shit kids. Seniors, congrats on your college careers at Iowa, watching yesterday, the workforce is waiting for you. Time to move on, please. Now comes the Debbie downer moment, next year and for the foreseeable future, someone needs to give me a real good dose of heroin, to convince me they will not be mediocre at best.

I remember when those cheating Hoosiers sabotaged their own dilapitated arena to avoid playing us when we were on a heater. That break did not help us at all.

You maybe be old enough to remember when Indiana was an elite basketball program. Just as Nebraska was an elite football program. My how the mighty have fallen. It’s heart breaking………… NOT!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Okay, I sometimes come on these threads, usually sit it out in the dugout. In Good you are the most realistic I have seen so far. Yes, they are NIT bound, O State will probably ease everyone's pain, if not then you know who is next, even if they pull something out their collective asses in the Big, very high seed and one and done, same shit kids. Seniors, congrats on your college careers at Iowa, watching yesterday, the workforce is waiting for you. Time to move on, please. Now comes the Debbie downer moment, next year and for the foreseeable future, someone needs to give me a real good dose of heroin, to convince me they will not be mediocre at best.

Heroin??? That’s old school. Get with the program. Meth is the drug of choice now.

It’s unfortunate that they sold out the the auditorium just to fall flat on their face. That does happen to even the best of teams from time to time.

I wouldn’t count them out just yet. It will depend on which Iowa team shows up at the BTT. If it’s the team we saw at this last game WE BE TOAST! If it’s the team that played so well toward the tail end of this season we could be playing three more games. I hope they shit the crap out of their system with this last loss and are ready to strap in on in the BTT.

Heroin??? That’s old school. Get with the program. Meth is the drug of choice now.

It’s unfortunate that they sold out the the auditorium just to fall flat on their face. That does happen to even the best of teams from time to time.

I wouldn’t count them out just yet. It will depend on which Iowa team shows up at the BTT. If it’s the team we saw at this last game WE BE TOAST! If it’s the team that played so well toward the tail end of this season we could be playing three more games. I hope they shit the crap out of their system with this last loss and are ready to strap in on in the BTT.
fentanyl and xylazine.....drug zombies.

fentanyl and xylazine.....drug zombies.

Damn I got to get caught up with the new trends.

All joking aside I have noticed several comments on this forum and a few on internet about the possibility of players leaving Iowa at the end of the season. Did I miss something? Why is this speculation out here floating around? Why are fans so concerned about this possibility? Was there a sports news article that indicates this??

Damn I got to get caught up with the new trends.

All joking aside I have noticed several comments on this forum and a few on internet about the possibility of players leaving Iowa at the end of the season. Did I miss something? Why is this speculation out here floating around? Why are fans so concerned about this possibility? Was there a sports news article that indicates this??
Ya...apparently Dix might be headed to Creighton.

Okay, I will go with your weapon of delusion, had to pick one right. Regarding, your comment about strap it on in the big tournament, well seeing is believing, I have seen Franny Boy teams do this only once, on the Thursday tip, crap is one word for it, lack of athletes maybe another descriptive word. Picking on an oversized Pillsbury Dough Boy called Krikke.

Dude, you are as depressing as s bag of used F.

The one in high school seems to running the for the hills though because he does not like how the crowds and social media mediums picks on his brothers/dad. Mom McCaffery also hot-headed about it.

Although, I do wonder with Jack how much running over that person in the cross-walk is influencing his decision to play elsewhere? Maybe does not want to hear the taunts at away games that "creative" opposing fans will come up with?

I wonder if the McCaffery's know no one makes them go to a social media site? All they have to do is not click on it.

One of my biggest complaints about things under the McCaffery Era is how some of his players get hot under the collar for social media posts. If I were them, I would be more concerned about my studies, gym time getting better, and the loved ones around me. Not making social media shows and engaging with random fans online they don't know.

Would like to see Jack playing for the Hawks

But, he has seen the ridicule his brothers were subjected to

I still think that no one should walk into traffic without looking Both Ways

Especially moving traffic

The Dix move would surprise me a lot. He's starting but I guess a BB school has more to offer? If all the underclassmen come back along with the incoming freshmen, this is a NCAA caliber team next year. The center coming in is the real deal and Koch is getting good reviews. Mac NEEDS to bring in some athletes in the portal! I've been saying that for years now though and it hasn't made it happen. Kind of like Bluder needed to bring in a Center/PF last year and didn't. That's going to be the difference between the Iowa Women's team being an elite 8 team this year instead of a FF team.

The Dix move would surprise me a lot. He's starting but I guess a BB school has more to offer? If all the underclassmen come back along with the incoming freshmen, this is a NCAA caliber team next year. The center coming in is the real deal and Koch is getting good reviews. Mac NEEDS to bring in some athletes in the portal! I've been saying that for years now though and it hasn't made it happen. Kind of like Bluder needed to bring in a Center/PF last year and didn't. That's going to be the difference between the Iowa Women's team being an elite 8 team this year instead of a FF team.

Yeah, you would think he would want to stick around

We have the nucleus of a solid team next season and Josh is a huge factor

When he and Peyton are on, we are difficult to beat

Hope it is just rumors

Pat said the crowds were pretty bad this season, they have been. They didn't blame the crowd for anything.
Everyone wants to interpret what people say and read between the lines instead of just hearing what the guy actually said... He answered a question honestly and bluntly. He wasn't passing any blame onto the fans.

Everyone wants to interpret what people say and read between the lines instead of just hearing what the guy actually said... He answered a question honestly and bluntly. He wasn't passing any blame onto the fans.
yep, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. For a team that's been on the run they've had, the crowd is remarkably low.

It would surprise me a lot too. Fran stuck with him even after that injury when a lot of schools might have rescinded. He's also turned him into a pretty great player and he's seeing his true potential under this staff. Hard to walk away from someone who gives you that....but $$$ talks and Creighton is likely 5 minutes from his parents house. They also have a great NIL backing, they win, they fill their stadium and support their team. Not hard to understand why he would leave, his allegiance can only have so many caveats.

yep, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. For a team that's been on the run they've had, the crowd is remarkably low.
My guess is apathy has started to creep in with a large enough chunk of the fan base that it's effecting who wants to pay $ to go. It seems illogical that a team that plays up and down and a fun style of play like Iowa does that they couldn't draw better crowds. It's not like they've been drawing close to sellouts. They've been nowhere near half full many nights.

Folks probably have more then one reason for their apathy goes. Maybe some of the folks decided to switch to the womens side the last couple yrs and not do both. I'd be curious if that's the case at all but I'm just guessing with that.

My guess is apathy has started to creep in with a large enough chunk of the fan base that it's effecting who wants to pay $ to go. It seems illogical that a team that plays up and down and a fun style of play like Iowa does that they couldn't draw better crowds. It's not like they've been drawing close to sellouts. They've been nowhere near half full many nights.

Folks probably have more then one reason for their apathy goes. Maybe some of the folks decided to switch to the womens side the last couple yrs and not do both. I'd be curious if that's the case at all but I'm just guessing with that.
It's fine to go for the style of play but, after a while, when you see so much inconsistency shooting the ball (which is the foundation of this style) by the highly touted "shooters", consistency on defense - in a bad way, and generally "bubble" level results, it's easy to just cheer from the couch.

There's 1 fix for the guys ... generate excitement via Wins ... period. That doesn't mean Sweet-16 or bust - I don't know a single person who has that expectation year-in / year-out. It means take care of your business when you're supposed to, build some excitement that people want to be a part of and when you're good enough to be there ... GET THERE! Hawks were good enough with Luka and the Kegan but since then it's been eeking in and 1 and done for 5 years.

People are in wait and see mode but I guarantee they'll be back if Hawks start winning a couple they shouldn't and show something to be a part of.

I cannot imagine the Hawks repeating the start against Illinois anytime soon. Was it 0-9 or 0-10? A start like that (and the shots just were not going down, no bad shots, just misses) against a top 10 team and you are most times doomed. I expect better from them the rest of the way.

Latest posts