Hawks thump the circus that is Penn State football!

RedHawk

Banned
Here's my take on Penn State: They weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut last year. but their defense was stout. They lost a couple D-line guys, a linebacker and most of their secondary to the NFL along with a couple O-line guys. They lost their star running back, leading receiver and kicker/punter along with some depth due to transfers. The circus has a new ringleader and he has the team focused.

Last year PSU beat us 13-3 in a defensive battle to improve to 5-1 - their only loss was to Alabama. This year Penn State comes to Kinnick for a night game with a 4-2 record. This is a completely different act. Penn State's schedule to date has been very weak. The defenses they've faced all ranked higher than 50+ and the offenses they've faced were similarly rated or one dimensional. They beat Northwestern, but that's another team who despite the glossy record was way overrated.

This PSU team has no kicking game. McClown the QB has been terrible in the past. He seems a bit cocky this year now that he's finally starting (by default) and has won a few games. He's completed only one pass all year over 25 yards and has a glossy 6 yard per pass average. Up to this game, he's gotten away with quite a few poor throws, poor decisions and should have been interceptions. My prediction: Hawkeyes bring PSU down to earth.....THUD! Three sacks and three interceptions by our defense and the Offense has a break-out game. Vandy throws more TD's against PSU than he's thrown all year (three!). Hawks smoke PSU 37-13.

I will be very happy if Iowa thumps PSU, but I've watched Iowa now for 6 weeks and I'm not convinced we can thump anyone left on our schedule.

...My prediction: Hawkeyes bring PSU down to earth.....THUD! Three sacks and three interceptions by our defense and the Offense has a break-out game. Vandy throws more TD's against PSU than he's thrown all year (three!). Hawks smoke PSU 37-13.
Tasty Kool-aid you're drinking there! I haven't seen anything to make me think either offense is capable of putting up +30 against the kind of defense we are likely to see played tonight.

I'm thinking it is going to be a lot closer w/ Iowa's special teams, and Mike Meyer in particular, playing a huge role in a Hawkeye victory. I do like the idea of points off of turnovers. Our LBs are going to be busy tonight and I can see the possibility of a pick 6 pushing the Hawks into the mid 20s. A blocked kick isn't out of the question.

Of course I'd take the Hawks thumping the Lions but something more modest like 23-13 or 24-17 seems more realistic to me.

Tasty Kool-aid you're drinking there! I haven't seen anything to make me think either offense is capable of putting up +30 against the kind of defense we are likely to see played tonight.

I'm thinking it is going to be a lot closer w/ Iowa's special teams, and Mike Meyer in particular, playing a huge role in a Hawkeye victory. I do like the idea of points off of turnovers. Our LBs are going to be busy tonight and I can see the possibility of a pick 6 pushing the Hawks into the mid 20s. A blocked kick isn't out of the question.

Of course I'd take the Hawks thumping the Lions but something more modest like 23-13 or 24-17 seems more realistic to me.

The team that can score 20 or more points will win.

I hate to tell you all this because I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but things just don't look good for us to win. Here's the deal. I started getting my nails done at the beginning of the season. First game week. We won. It's a special polish that lasts a long time so I didn't need to have it done the following week for ISU. We lost. Then the week we played UNI, I got them done again. We won. Next week...not done and a loss to CMU. The week we played MN, it was nails week. We won. Next week, thankfully was the bye week; for both the game and my nails. By then I was certain I was into something. MSU was also nails week, and you know what happened.

This was not nails week...so...you know...prepare yourself. I'll apologize in advance for the loss. Sure, I could have gotten them redone this week but that would have cost me some coin and they still look damn good. All sparkly and ****.

Good news is that we will win next week. Oh...and N is for nails and Nebraska.

7-5.

I hate to tell you all this because I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but things just don't look good for us to win. Here's the deal. I started getting my nails done at the beginning of the season. First game week. We won. It's a special polish that lasts a long time so I didn't need to have it done the following week for ISU. We lost. Then the week we played UNI, I got them done again. We won. Next week...not done and a loss to CMU. The week we played MN, it was nails week. We won. Next week, thankfully was the bye week; for both the game and my nails. By then I was certain I was into something. MSU was also nails week, and you know what happened.

This was not nails week...so...you know...prepare yourself. I'll apologize in advance for the loss. Sure, I could have gotten them redone this week but that would have cost me some coin and they still look damn good. All sparkly and ****.

7-5.
Is now a good time to let you know that I filed and retouched your nails for you while you were sleeping last night?

Why in the world did you not get your nails done this week? Oh well, at least you didn't start the ***Official*** game thread.

7-5.

Last edited:

Latest posts