Hawks searching for new sharpshooter

hopefully Josh becomes the Jeff Moe we need somebody to come off the bench and provide a much needed spark when we need it. hopefully he has the accuracy of McCausland with Kingsbury range and maybe a touch of his attitude, like there is not a 3 point shot he doesn't feel he can't make

Nice article, Tork, I think as the season goes on, Josh will rise to his potential. He has perfect form in his jump shot and is expanding his game, driving to the basket. And, has been said before, his turnaround fadeaway jump shot inside the lane or close by is a a thing of beauty. He might be the best passer on the team and is as sure-handed as anyone on the team. He will gradually lose his reluctance to pull the trigger as the season progresses......

I liked what Devyn had to say about him. Devyn is a classy guy who has ice water in his veins......

No Worries.....

:)

So many pieces of puzzle make it harder for another team to prepare for us...No way is it going to be automatic victory for another teams.

So many pieces of puzzle make it harder for another team to prepare for us...No way is it going to be automatic victory for another teams.

I agree. Outside of putting their best defender on Marble, opponents are going to have a tough time scouting this team and knowing what to expect.

What will really be interesting, is once we establish a pattern and teams do start to plan accordingly... seeing how Fran tweaks things. You can bet he will...unlike Mr Predictable over in the football complex.

He's not a better shooter than Gatens. He also has a lot of work to do moving without the ball, which is what made Gatens so good.

He's not a better shooter than Gatens. He also has a lot of work to do moving without the ball, which is what made Gatens so good.

I certainly don't think we've seen enough to say that he's better. But I do think the potential is there. The way he shot at the end of the Indiana and MSU games was damn impressive. The next step is making that happen from the start. Whether that happens or not is up to him. But the potential is there, IMO.

Sounds like Josh is a better shooter than Matt as far as practice is concerned. Let's hope he can transfer that over to gametime.

Sounds like Josh is a better shooter than Matt as far as practice is concerned. Let's hope he can transfer that over to gametime.

Well, if we could combine JO's practice ability with Olesani's legendary practice performances, we would be a top 15 team. I think Clemmons would make an all-practice team honorable mention list as well.

Sounds like Josh is a better shooter than Matt as far as practice is concerned.

images

Matt and Josh are similar players but comparing them isn't going to be easy now or in the future. Matt was forced to be a go to guy while Josh has the luxury of being a solid role player. So while Josh may end up shooting a higher percentage, Matt never had the opportunity to show what he could do while not being the #1/2 option on offense.

Gaten 3 pt shooting %:
FR - 40%
So - 33%
JR - 33%
SR - 41%

Career: 239 3pt made, 652 3pt Att for a 37% career

Oglesby shot 37% his FR year. (45 for 121)

like another poster mentioned this team willo be loaded with options, it will be a pick your poisen as to who you try to stop,
not expecting big numbers from Woodbury and Olaseni but 6-7 ppg and 5-6 rpg with 1 bpg would make this a very successful season.
just like with Gesell all i want is for him to repace Cartwright's #'s of 6 ppg 4.8 apg, the best thing is this team returns over 85% of the scoring last year.. 5 of the top 6 scorers and 6 of the top 8. this alone will make this team hard to prepare for.

Gaten 3 pt shooting %:
FR - 40%
So - 33%
JR - 33%
SR - 41%

Career: 239 3pt made, 652 3pt Att for a 37% career

Oglesby shot 37% his FR year. (45 for 121)

Really? That's what you're going with? There were not any factors to account for Gaten's shooting % his Sophomore and Junior years that you can think of?

Really? That's what you're going with? There were not any factors to account for Gaten's shooting % his Sophomore and Junior years that you can think of?

Sorry if you don't like the actual facts of the situation.....I didn't do anything except post the stats, interpret them as you will, I don't care.

different situation to judge players by, just like trying to compare Gesell to past PG's. we have yet to see what Gesell can do to compare to players that have completed their career.

it hard to judge when you post half of the stats %'s really don't tell the wholoe story without how those %'s were gotten.
just like saying player X shot 90 % from the FT line and player Y shot 78%, when in actuality player X shot 9 of 10 and Y shot 78 of 100 big discrepencie and very misleading wouldn't you say?

Latest posts