Hawks - Scarlet Knights Game Thread

If Gabby starts hitting a high percentage of her threes and the rest of the team stops fumbling half the passes Caitlin gets to them then maybe they can make another run into April. I don’t think they will make a run if Caitlin doesn’t get more help from the rest of the team. Tonight was a good start.
Spot on JWB

If Gabby starts hitting a high percentage of her threes and the rest of the team stops fumbling half the passes Caitlin gets to them then maybe they can make another run into April. I don’t think they will make a run if Caitlin doesn’t get more help from the rest of the team. Tonight was a good start.
1000% CC needs help and Gabby and Davis playing like that is just huge. It seems like Stuelke will hold up her end of things most of the time (even though she misses too many layups) And Martin usually will too it's the others that just have to play their roles.

Davis has to be able to handle the ball for stretches to take pressure of CC. If she can do that and hit a few shots and play make for a few possessions here and there that'd be really significant. Along with Marshal hitting open shots. That just stretches the floor and keeps the other team from being able to help off her to chase Clark around.

Affolter is a huge X factor to me. If she's putting up double doubles too then forget it. Love her game and what she brings. She won't need to do this every game to be huge but if she is then other teams won't have a chance either. She might even be a star in the making.

Goodman is so frustrating... All she has to do is catch the ball and make 2 foot bank shots. Yet that's a struggle for her. CC could have 3 more assists a game if her and Stuelke could just do that. I don't want to bash her I think it's just a reality of her game. I'm not sure she can improve much as league play gets going they'll just have to live with it.

1000% CC needs help and Gabby and Davis playing like that is just huge. It seems like Stuelke will hold up her end of things most of the time (even though she misses too many layups) And Martin usually will too it's the others that just have to play their roles.

Davis has to be able to handle the ball for stretches to take pressure of CC. If she can do that and hit a few shots and play make for a few possessions here and there that'd be really significant. Along with Marshal hitting open shots. That just stretches the floor and keeps the other team from being able to help off her to chase Clark around.

Affolter is a huge X factor to me. If she's putting up double doubles too then forget it. Love her game and what she brings. She won't need to do this every game to be huge but if she is then other teams won't have a chance either. She might even be a star in the making.

Goodman is so frustrating... All she has to do is catch the ball and make 2 foot bank shots. Yet that's a struggle for her. CC could have 3 more assists a game if her and Stuelke could just do that. I don't want to bash her I think it's just a reality of her game. I'm not sure she can improve much as league play gets going they'll just have to live with it.
I really didn’t think that losing Monica would hurt the Hawks. How hard is it to just catch the ball and put it in the basket from three feet away? Turns out it’s harder than it looks. That being said it would seem that Goodman and Stuelke shouldn’t have too much trouble developing that talent.

I’m glad I have CC to follow now that football is over and the men’s team isn’t much fun to watch most of the time.

I really didn’t think that losing Monica would hurt the Hawks. How hard is it to just catch the ball and put it in the basket from three feet away? Turns out it’s harder than it looks. That being said it would seem that Goodman and Stuelke shouldn’t have too much trouble developing that talent.
Monica was great at positioning herself to where she made herself an easy target to pass it to and she had great hands to catch and finish with soft touch. She didn't mess around with dribbling. Goodman and Stuelke both at times fumble passes and rush their shots. They are shooting a great percentage but some of the ones they miss are ridiculously easy.