Hawks Off the Radar for 2010

Honestly he wasn't really being out of line other than maybe suggesting us Iowa fans have blinders and he as a clone fan doesn't. All the same he really didn't say much different than what had already been said, just tiered them a little differently.... Besides the fact as clone fans go Mesa is waaayyyyy down the list of guys that are nasty or just flat out in left field.

As far as draftable players go a lot will depend on their health. If Nielsen had stayed healthy all last year he’d be getting major buzz now. As an example if Tarp had stayed healthy last year not only would it likely have improved our 3rd down defense he would have probably got drafted. A 6-2 235-Lb Lber that runs a 4.56 forty is a NFL draft pick.

Chad

Last edited:
We're having a big boy talk about the NFL draft here, Clone. Come back in four years when you guys actually get someone picked and we might let you be a part of it then.

You mean...like this guy from ISU...who McShay projects in the first round?
McShay unveils his first 2012 mock draft - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Iowa, on my list, has 8 guys who have a good shot at getting drafted...and Reiff is a 1st rounder...so I was hardly "slighting" Iowa. Just trying to be realistic. Nielsen and Daniels, for example, are excellent players...but calling them a "lock" for the 2012 draft is way over the top. They certainly have a good shot...but they have a lot to prove this season. I think they will, for what that's worth, but its not a sure thing by any measure.

Zusevics may get drafted as well...but its far from guaranteed. I'm rooting for him, as I do for all kids from Iowa, but I'd say his chances are less than 50%. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Last edited:

Iowa, on my list, has 8 guys who have a good shot at getting drafted...and Reiff is a 1st rounder...so I was hardly "slighting" Iowa. Just trying to be realistic. Nielsen and Daniels, for example, are excellent players...but calling them a "lock" for the 2012 draft is way over the top. They certainly have a good shot...but they have a lot to prove this season. I think they will, for what that's worth, but its not a sure thing by any measure.

Zusevics may get drafted as well...but its far from guaranteed. I'm rooting for him, as I do for all kids from Iowa, but I'd say his chances are less than 50%. Hope I'm wrong on that.

So in a thread titled "Hawks off the Radar in 2010" you bring up next years draft?

Never mind that the thread title doesn't make any sense whatsover, but why bring up the draft?

So in a thread titled "Hawks off the Radar in 2010" you bring up next years draft?

Never mind that the thread title doesn't make any sense whatsover, but why bring up the draft?

Actually Shada I think that's my fault. I mentioned Iowa might have even more draft picks next year and therefore will still be very dangerous.

Chad

Sorry. Vandervelde got drafted. Zus is going to get drafted. Zus is a better O-lineman. I'll bet you a hawkeye/cyclone tattoo on it?

Latest posts