Hawks Now a 2 Point Favorite

Hawk1960

Hawks have moved to a 2 point favorite over the Gophers. They opened as a 1 point underdog at the beginning of the week. Let's hope Vegas is right.

when lines move like that, must mean heavy money is coming in towards the Hawks. i find that interesting.

I'm sure this is more of a question for Ken Miller, but does this mean the big money guys put money down on Iowa? I hear they act early, and then the public a.k.a. less knowledgeable folks come in and through down their bets. I would guys with the line moving that much, that most both big money, and the public are betting on the Hawks.

I'm sure this is more of a question for Ken Miller, but does this mean the big money guys put money down on Iowa? I hear they act early, and then the public a.k.a. less knowledgeable folks come in and through down their bets. I would guys with the line moving that much, that most both big money, and the public are betting on the Hawks.

i'm no bettor, but i do follow it a bit, and i've always heard the wise guys generally bet early, and then if the line swings they might also bet heavy late.

So with Minny's home field, makes us about 5-7? Does the ISU victory last night factor in at all? I bet the the big bettors look at that.

The weather forecast is getting worse as the week goes on....rain and winds in the 20+mph range...that hurts a team that wants to throw....Iowa. Rudocks arm strength is suspect and if he throws into a wind like that..could be easy pickings. Was hoping for a nice day with no wind....not so lucky.

The weather forecast is getting worse as the week goes on....rain and winds in the 20+mph range...that hurts a team that wants to throw....Iowa. Rudocks arm strength is suspect and if he throws into a wind like that..could be easy pickings. Was hoping for a nice day with no wind....not so lucky.

I don't see a windy day hurting the better throwing quarterback. It hurts their offense worse.

I got a little on the hawks. Bye the time i ran into (did not have his number) my guy best i could get was 2.5. I like my boys in a fight this year, they were punched in the mouth so much last year that i think they have said no more. Besides if i win, my "tailgate" or as i like to say my watch my hawks party gets bigger.

The hawks under KF usually dont cover as a favorite so this doesnt bode well with a close spread.

I hope I am wrong.

Some wind and rain might not hurt the shorter passing game. And maybe Rudock played a lot in the rain in Florida and is comfortable with the rain.

The hawks under KF usually dont cover as a favorite so this doesnt bode well with a close spread.

I hope I am wrong.

Some wind and rain might not hurt the shorter passing game. And maybe Rudock played a lot in the rain in Florida and is comfortable with the rain.

They have covered as a favorite two weeks in a row. Might as well make it three.

IOWA is 14-7 against the spread versus MINNESOTA since 1992
IOWA is 14-7 straight up against MINNESOTA since 1992
8 of 15 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

Latest posts