Hawks Land New Jersey LB (Video)

He is from Sicklerville, NJ...that town has been good to Iowa football; home of Shonn Greene and Leroy Smith

He looks like a beast. He looks like a big kid for only being 16 in that workout video. After reading some of his comments from that article on TOS, he seems like he has a pretty good head on his shoulders. Get pickup KF and staff. Keep up the good work.

He has good feet and awareness, but he hits way too high. He is going to go against some big RBs from Big Ten and will get rocked. He has potential, I just hope he listens to the coaches when they try to correct that or he won't be playing very long.

I'm always amazed at how big some of these kids are. He's as big as an incomming freshman as some of our D linemen were as seniors a few decades ago.

He has good feet and awareness, but he hits way too high. He is going to go against some big RBs from Big Ten and will get rocked. He has potential, I just hope he listens to the coaches when they try to correct that or he won't be playing very long.

next thing we'll learn is that while at RB, his running stance was too upright........

he looks way better on film than his 40 time (i hope 4.68 was electronic). i suspect comparatively he's faster than 4.68 or while he may be 4.68 others of his speed might list 4.5. say what you will, speed kills. our best defense ever IMHO was 2009 and we had SPEED on D especially at LB.

He is from Sicklerville, NJ...that town has been good to Iowa football; home of Shonn Greene and Leroy Smith
As Hawkeyes, we have appreciated the state of New Jersey for many, MANY years, and it has nothing to do with "reality" TV.

he looks way better on film than his 40 time (i hope 4.68 was electronic). i suspect comparatively he's faster than 4.68 or while he may be 4.68 others of his speed might list 4.5. say what you will, speed kills. our best defense ever IMHO was 2009 and we had SPEED on D especially at LB.

Sub 4.7 electronic for a high school inside linebacker? Not bad. Abdul Hodge ran a 4.76 at the combine.

Hopefully the coaches reached out to you before they offered a scholarship to this project. :)

Hopefully the coaches reached out to you before they offered a scholarship to this project. :)

Ya hopefully the staff did their homework. I mean the kid only has 19 offers from lackluster football programs like Stanford, Wisconsin, Pitt and Louisville. Now let's just hope he can persuade the other NJ prospects to follow suit.

I know the age difference between Greene and Alston has to be around seven or eight years however do you think Shonn might of had a little influence on his decision?

Kid looks like he diagnoses a play quickly. Has very good speed and is able to shed blocks real well. I noticed that once he hits the ball carrier, that play is over.

Glad he's aboard.

I hope he didn't put together the video, cause at the beginning the graphics say 12 tackles for losees..

Latest posts