Hawks just beat a tough, athletic team by 20+; what is the ceiling?

Can we please get a dunk from our starting center...please?

I of course was being facetious, but, if Woody can raise his offensive game to even a mediocre level, this team would be hard to beat.

I of course was being facetious, but, if Woody can raise his offensive game to even a mediocre level, this team would be hard to beat.

When the rim stuffs a player, who gets credit for the block? Is it the nearest player?

This team has the talent to beat most anyone on any given night. They also have shown they will lose games they should have won. Let's enjoy the ride and know these Hawks will give us their best effort and many wonderful moments this season.

This is not true. They haven't been to the tournament in a long, long time. The thing about the tourney is the first time teams make the dance, they tend not to do well.

I think sweet 16 is the ceiling this year. One win in the tournament should be expected at this point. Three wins would be fantastic, and anything more will take some luck. They appear to have figured out how to win on the road against good opponents, but lets hope that lasts. The end of the ISU game still haunts me.

they got tournament experience last year. They had to play in hostile environments in that tournament to get to NY. They have Fran who has had lots of experience. I am surprised at just how good this team is turning out to be. My hope was just to make the tournament. I didn't think they would be able to compete to win the BIG this year.

I would much rather have this deep group of guys, brought through the rough times the program has had, instead of one hit wonders like KY has, with a scummy coach. That aint no program that is just an NBA halfway house.

This...At the end of the day...we have 11 decent players...teams like KU or UK have 4-5 NBA draft picks...that will show come tournament time..."Its not the X's and O's its the Jimmy's and Joe's."

They are the teams with "no ceiling"

Nah, those teams arent anything special, they have players that will get drafted on potential but they dont have guys who are ready to be big time players now other than Randal.

Every team has a ceiling. Ours just happens to be National Championship contender. Which is the highest possible ceiling you can have really.

Seth, do you remember Lohaus in 1983 and "The Don Criqui Comment"? :)

After watching A LOT of basketball so far this year, I truly believe our ceiling is as a National Title contender (assuming we stay healthy....knocking on wood). There isn't a team in the country that can match our depth 1 thru 10 or match the amount of length we can put on the court at any one time. Now that we've got Josh back and he appears to be capable of knocking down threes at any time, we are going to be a tough out for anyone on a neutral court. When you factor in the fact that our defense is predicated not on mugging people on the perimeter or playing football in the paint, so we won't need to worry about getting jobbed by the refs during tourney time when things tighten up, we've got the recipe to go pretty far.

It's been since, probably 92-93 (before Street died), that I've been this excited about the possibilities for the Hawks!

No gifs of rimmy stuff job?

There is one in another thread, but do your own digging. :p

I would rather see a gif of Uthoffs block on that 3 pointer. It was an awesome defensive play as Uthoff was guarding inside and out on 2 different players. The shooter was wide open and Uthoff used his athletic ability to block that shot, it looked like he was at least 5 feet away from the shooter.

Latest posts