Hawks in Arizona...

Mesaclone

Banned
Any Hawk fans out here know anything about the new "Kinnick's sports bar" in Scottsdale? Sounds like its devoted to all things Hawkeye...but I can't find a web address or any real information on it. Dying to check it out.

I'm staying with relatives in Scottsdale before I head to Tucson for the game. I'll definitely be checking this place out. How can a bar in Scottsdale AZ survive, if it's a Hawkeye themed bar? Are there really THAT many Iowans in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? That just flabbergasts me.

I just moved here from Iowa City and it's ridiculous how many Iowa people live here. Iowa and Pennsylvania people are just everywhere.

I'll be there. Wife and I are super-excited. We have some friends in Tucson. I can't wait. So, no boycotting Arizona here.

There are hordes of Hawkeyes down here...especially in the winter time when the snowbirds show up. You'll see Iowa plates pretty much anywhere you drive here in town. I think perhaps its a little risky to be "just" an Iowa bar, perhaps they should have broadened their theme to the Big Ten or something...but they may yet pull it off. IF the food and service are good and the prices reasonable...they will draw business. Personally, I'm planning on going there for the Arizona game with my brother...who's a rabid Hawkeye fan...and a couple other guys (sadly, no tickets for the matchup in Tucson).

There are hordes of Hawkeyes down here...especially in the winter time when the snowbirds show up. You'll see Iowa plates pretty much anywhere you drive here in town. I think perhaps its a little risky to be "just" an Iowa bar, perhaps they should have broadened their theme to the Big Ten or something...but they may yet pull it off. IF the food and service are good and the prices reasonable...they will draw business. Personally, I'm planning on going there for the Arizona game with my brother...who's a rabid Hawkeye fan...and a couple other guys (sadly, no tickets for the matchup in Tucson).

There are still tickets available at face value here:

University of Arizona Wildcats Official Athletic Site Football - University of Arizona Wildcats Official Athletic Site

Latest posts