Hawks head to Hoosier land game thread

Kudos to Perk and Sandfort. They weren't perfect, but played their hearts out tonight.

Patrick and Krikke were huge liabilities, however. It's one thing if you aren't hitting your shot, but it's another when you fail at rebounding and defense, and effort plays.

Kudos to Perk and Sandfort. They weren't perfect, but played their hearts out tonight.

Patrick and Krikke were huge liabilities, however. It's one thing if you aren't hitting your shot, but it's another when you fail at rebounding and defense, and effort plays.
Freeman is good but need another big to go along with him .

Iowa does not have a sixth man or a bench. I looked over the box score this morning and the bench was 1 of 11 on field goals attempts. When Krike goes 1 of 9 and Dix goes 3 of 8 that is a prescription for a loss. A lot of blame will be focused on PM, but it goes all the way down the roster. I saw Bowen got 3 minutes of game time and in 3 minutes I saw why.

After watching parts of other games it obvious Iowa is unable to play with team that are stronger than them. Perkins is the only guy that can hold his own physically. Part of the strength problem is all the people with the extra year for Covid. There are quite a few players that are age 25 years old and that will be a problem next year.

Hats off to Sandfort and Perkins. They played as well and hard as they could. I'd given Sandfort some shit lately over his downs but without him they'd be getting run out of the last couple games. He's doing what he can. Perkins is a stud in a half and love his energy.

Our big guys really didn't bring it last night though. Krikke, Freeman PM and Dembele were primarily who played mins inside and they had a combined 6 pts and hardly any rebounds. That'll never get it done. Krikke obviously had a bad game for him he's probably really kicking himself. He had more of his shots blocked then he did made FGs.

Freeman has to play smarter with fouls. He's a true frosh and he'll learn I think. But for now he's going through his growing pains in that department.

PM played 19 mins and did absolutely nothing besides take 3 bad shots. It's just too bad he has to play so much. I'd rather the youngsters play instead since this yr is toast anyway. Dembele should've redshirted honestly he doesn't really seem ready. Is what it is for him he'll have to learn on the fly too.

Only 4 pts from the bench all from Harding... That's never going to work either. It's a testament to the guys that they were even in that game at the end considering that.

I don't remember if it was folks here or another site that were comparing Sandfort to Oglseby, no comparison.

Latest posts