Hawks flip eastern michigan LB commit

iowalaw

Banned
We are desperately in need of linebackers, and I would say this guy, while he doesn't have the D1 offers or the measurable a, is much preferred to a walk on. Baby steps. Kirk didn't in-home visit with him last night and it worked. I just wish Kirk was doing these in-home visits all year long and getting commits.

Head coaches have star power. I think part of Kirks' message was, let me alone so I can recruit and be with the team.

I hope this kid pans out, but we beat out Eastern Michigan and Wyoming. Those were his only 2 offers per 24/7, besides Indiana offering right after we did. kfootball is needed to flip a recruit from Eastern Michigan? Are we saying we couldn't have gotten this kid to flip without an in home from kfootball?

Sorry, folks, I'm trying to see the improvement, but look at the math of it. I really do hope he pans out, but he was barely recruited my MAC level teams.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Ojemudia-60605

I hope this kid pans out, but we beat out Eastern Michigan and Wyoming. Those were his only 2 offers per 24/7, besides Indiana offering right after we did. kfootball is needed to flip a recruit from Eastern Michigan? Are we saying we couldn't have gotten this kid to flip without an in home from kfootball?

Sorry, folks, I'm trying to see the improvement, but look at the math of it. I really do hope he pans out, but he was barely recruited my MAC level teams.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Ojemudia-60605

I hear ya Arvada. I am disapointed on how we are closing out this class, yet at the same time, I won't get down on kids that want to be Hawks. While sitting here now it is easier to get excited for a kid we wanted more than Ojemudia, he could still turn out to be better than the others. The liklihiood is obviously smaller of this being the case, but we have had very good luck on late DB offers, of the 2* variety.

If he's a safety that has linebacker potential, that's an awesome pick up! Hopefully he does become a lineback to add speed!

The kid has a 3.6 gpa. Kirk is going for the GPA bonus that is in his contract because that is much easier to attain than winning big 10 titles.

FWIW...............Ojemudia has an older brother, Mario, who is a DE at Michigan. He will be a senior next season and was offered by Iowa a few years ago.

Love the way he recognizes the play and closes on the ball. He really brings it when he hits too. That's the kind of mentality you can't teach, but the Hawks have proven many times in the past they can coach up linebackers and safeties. If Kirk did an in-home and swayed this guy I'll trust he liked what he saw on tape as well. Welcome to the Hawk family young man!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1626815/highlights/167648381

Here are his Sr. year highlights. He closes to the ball fast, and he really lays some lumber. I have no idea how good the competition is that he is playing against though. I'm surprised E. Michigan, Indiana and Iowa were his only offers. Iowa brought him in as a SS with Lowderrmilk graduating.

I agree with this post. Many good prospects don't receive a high rating. The whole process is a guessing game. The comments on this board about recruiting just make me laugh. There are very few 5 star and 4 star prospects, folks. We didn't get them in the Hayden Fry era either (most of you weren't around then). Iowa, when they win, do it with 2 and 3 star guys or walk-ons. Do you think the Stoops brothers were highly recruited? (the answer is no)

People need to relax. We'll see what happens in 2015 and 2016.

Latest posts