Hawks finally getting some respect, top 25 preseason

Ihawks61

collegefootball.about.com/od/.../tp/rankings-preseason.htm
www.collegefootballcafeteria.com/rankings/2010-preseason-college-football-rankings

Last edited:
Re: Check out these preseason top 25

If this doesnt get you pumped up for football season, I would suggest that you check for a pulse! My luck I will be serving my country in afghanistan, but really I dont mind as I will fly the hawkeye nation flag proud and true next to old glory in the face of terrorism.

Man I can't wait!!! Iowa is in pretty much the top 10 in most of those publication polls except for a couple i think. I agree, Iowa is a top 10 team!

I see the Fuskers are ahead of us or right with us in all rankings...wish I could remember the guy who told me I was nuts and the Huskers wouldn't be in the pre-season top 10.....

whenever hawks are predicted in top ten we struggle i don't think that is going to happen this year but always gets you thinking

I see the Fuskers are ahead of us or right with us in all rankings...wish I could remember the guy who told me I was nuts and the Huskers wouldn't be in the pre-season top 10.....

I don't think I called you nuts (so maybe you're talking about someone else), but I've doubted that Nebraska would get that much preseason love. I still think that's the case, as the are ridiculously early, and Oregon is a top 5 team in most of them (which tells you that they are far from being the legit preseason poll).

Sports Illustrated looks like it had the best poll (and not because they had us at #5). It looks about like what I expect many polls to look like in the fall.

Last edited:
How could the Fuskers be in top 10, when they lost the only player of note last year? I hate the Fuskers!

How could the Fuskers be in top 10, when they lost the only player of note last year? I hate the Fuskers!
I hate them also...in a deep demented way!!!! People think they are primed to assault the top 10 again...I for one don't think so. They have some talent but that offense is miserable...and I don't think Bo can coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

I am excited about the rankings, but it seems to me that this can be a problem for our team. I hope we can follow up and get some breaks to come through with a big season. I think if we can we can have a great recruiting year and start to build a dynasty. I'm a bit nervous that without BB and AS we may have some big gaps. Our Defense and Off backs seem strong but our O Line is a big question mark. Seems like it takes a few games for our line to GEL. If we can make it through that stretch we have a great chance. I'm stoked......The NFL draft is getting me thinkin football.

Sorry to say, but the Bugeaters only have to play one team that finished in last year's top 25.....Texas. Just read that somewhere.

Sorry to say, but the Bugeaters only have to play one team that finished in last year's top 25.....Texas. Just read that somewhere.

Nebraska has a lot of talent returning on both sides of the ball and their schedule is very VERY WEAK this year. They should be able to run the table and hate to say it but may be able to sneak into national championship talks with that cakewalk schedule they have........
Hopefully the Hawkeyes can take care of business this year and meet up with Nebraska in a BCS game.....

Who cares about preseason ranking not sure why all fans are worried about respect, and preseason polls they mean nothing. Win games and plenty of respect and rankings follow stop worrying about preseason respect WHO CARES!!!!

Who cares about preseason rankings they mean nothing and why is everyone worried about preseason respect win games and plenty of respect and rankings will come our way. Lets focus on winning and do it the Hawkeye Way which is with hard work, and not worry about preseason respect.

Who cares about preseason rankings they mean nothing and why is everyone worried about preseason respect win games and plenty of respect and rankings will come our way. Lets focus on winning and do it the Hawkeye Way which is with hard work, and not worry about preseason respect.
I get what you're driving at here, but if we, as fans, really want the Hawks to challenge for the NC, then they need a boost by being in the top ten to start the season. It's much easier for a team ranked preseason #5 to jump up to #1 if they go undefeated as opposed to a team that's ranked #23 and has to jump several other teams that may be undefeated. For example, see what would have happened last year if the Hawks had ended up undefeated, there's very little chance they would have leapfrogged Alabama and Texas, even if they had won the road game at tOSU and against jNWU. If they start the season #8 or higher, they'll be respected much more by the pollsters and have a better chance of jumping up.

I get what you're driving at here, but if we, as fans, really want the Hawks to challenge for the NC, then they need a boost by being in the top ten to start the season. It's much easier for a team ranked preseason #5 to jump up to #1 if they go undefeated as opposed to a team that's ranked #23 and has to jump several other teams that may be undefeated. For example, see what would have happened last year if the Hawks had ended up undefeated, there's very little chance they would have leapfrogged Alabama and Texas, even if they had won the road game at tOSU and against jNWU. If they start the season #8 or higher, they'll be respected much more by the pollsters and have a better chance of jumping up.

This.

Latest posts